UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in here who does not believe that there is a media agenda should fuck off to RAWK or that shite United forum.

There is irrefutable evidence that the media in this country have it in for us and have done ever since the takeover.

Any self respecting journalist would be looking at the big picture of this scenario being the political battle between UEFA and City. Instead, they only want to know the anti-City slant.

The funny thing is how anyone with half a brain cell can criticise City over that interview, call it biased and take UEFAs side. Yet on the other hand, 100% believe the UEFA investigation which was carried out by UEFA, tried by UEFA and the judgement came from UEFA who have provided NO public evidence for their judgement.

But then again people like Rob Harris and that Delaney chap are not proper journalists. They’re frauds, mouthpieces for certain clubs, pushing an agenda.

They are to journalism what Harold Shipman is to doctors, or Ryan Giggs to families.

Thats me on here lol

Impressive likes to posts ratio when you compare it to @gordondaviesmoustache

HomeMembers>
Most Posts
  1. 98,688
    karen7
    New Member, from Between zen and mad

2. 93,025
    jimharri
    Moderator, 57, from The back of beyond

3. 73,536
    aguero93:20
    New Member, from The Guardiola Circle Jerk

4. 72,043
    SWP's back
    New Member, from by the pool

5. 68,394
    Bill
    Moderator, from winding down in life.

6. 59,726
    Rascal
    El Presidente, from Paderne

7. 58,538
    mat
    New Member, Male, 42, from Land of Make Believe

8. 56,367
    gordondaviesmoustache
    New Member, Male, from Any borough in England and Wales

9. 55,058
    squirtyflower
    Moderator, from Listening to Danamy

10. 53,675
    stony
    New Member, Male

11. 49,556
    Prestwich_Blue
    New Member, Male, from Wherever I lay my hat that's my home

12. 47,547
    blueinsa
    New Member, Male, from In a thread thats about to get pulled.

13. 46,964
    Dave Ewing's Back 'eader
    New Member, Male, from Upwind of the Mangrove Swamp

14. 44,615
    TCIB
    New Member, from Neither here nor there!

15. 41,474
    FantasyIreland
    New Member, Male, from By the power of Grayskull......

16. 40,385
    bobmcfc
    New Member, Female

17. 39,987
    Marvin

18. 37,874
    Damocles
    Administrator

19. 37,847
    Ric
    Administrator

20. 35,995
    oakiecokie
    New Member, from Its Guinness time any day of the week.

Find Member
Today's Birthdays
Newest Members

Any club wishing to tackle the cartel head on both on and off the field will be met with this leftist attitude.

UEFA like Holden here in OZ are on borrowed time , in fact Holden is now gone as a brand after 160 odd years in operation and UEFA will follow suit with a much shorter history.

if its not City in part that will bring their demise its the next wave of clubs that will.

Money and principal are forces you cannot keep at bay to avoid your demise if you don't embrace change that is inevitable.

Clubs must rise or fall on the ability of their staff and stakeholders to do what is best for their supporters and themselves by striking the right balance.

UEFA have never had that charter and their time is nigh.
My biggest hope is that City fucking destroy UEFA in the court's, they're as bad as FIFA, rotten to the core.
Great interview by Ferran, thanks to him I feel much better now.

Under normal circumstances I imagine the time period can’t be re-opened, having previously been given the green light. Presumably - if UEFA can prove misrepresentation or fraud - it would be a different ball game.

If our owner did make good the sponsorship gap, as UEFA appear to maintain, they would argue that Etihad are actually a related party. That means sponsorship should have been tested under the market fairness rule and doubtless capped at a much lower amount. In such a case our operating losses would have been higher and hence in breach of FFP.

So the crux of the issue remains this: who made up Etihad’s shortfall? Was it the state government, in which case we are hopefully in the clear, or was it Sheikh Mansour/ADUG, in which case things might be tougher? That’s assuming all other things being equal, of course, including time bars and other technicalities.

In effect I think Conn is saying that, if we did get turned over on the above point, then our P & L would be impacted from 2016 onward. That would result in further financial breaches. (It would not fall offside of the 5-year rule.)

As a side issue, if we do win on this point, we’re effectively admitting to the court of football opinion that we are indeed oil state sponsored :-(
That's it in a nut shell and here is the bit that concerns me
Does the deal that all ills are covered by the agreement made in agreeing the 2014 settlement stop UEFA doing us for double jeopardy.

Anyone in here who does not believe that there is a media agenda should fuck off to RAWK or that shite United forum.

There is irrefutable evidence that the media in this country have it in for us and have done ever since the takeover.

Any self respecting journalist would be looking at the big picture of this scenario being the political battle between UEFA and City. Instead, they only want to know the anti-City slant.

The funny thing is how anyone with half a brain cell can criticise City over that interview, call it biased and take UEFAs side. Yet on the other hand, 100% believe the UEFA investigation which was carried out by UEFA, tried by UEFA and the judgement came from UEFA who have provided NO public evidence for their judgement.

But then again people like Rob Harris and that Delaney chap are not proper journalists. They’re frauds, mouthpieces for certain clubs, pushing an agenda.

They are to journalism what Harold Shipman is to doctors, or Ryan Giggs to families.

Not enough like buttons for this.

Great post and it pretty well reflects my own thinking.

At the risk of getting boring and without knowledge of the details of what exactly we're charged with, my opinion is that we should agree with UEFA that solely for the purposes of FFP Etihad are a related party although we and our auditors don't accept they are under IAS 24.

In return they will agree that their sponsorship represents fair value for the period under review and that the source of funds is therefore irrelevant. They'd found that hard to disagree with, with Leterme having seemingly signed off Qatar's PSG sponsorship at €100m. QED on that score.

That might not be the only issue they're looking at of course but one thing I'd kind of forgotten is that I believe all this relates to stuff we did in the 2012/13 financial year, when we thought we had a chance of escaping punishment under the provisions of Annex XI S2. So we were stuffing the accounts as much as we could , which I explained to George Hannah a couple of days ago was a bit cheeky but probably not technically illegal.

Had UEFA been consistent on how clubs needed to do the relevant calculations then we probably wouldn't have thought about doing that. But they weren't and gave us every encouragement to carry on down the path we did, bringing forward partnership remittances and getting costs off the City books where possible. Had UEFA introduced its rules on controlled funding earlier, we wouldn't have needed to do that.

So while it sounds a bit dramatic, it's possible we could put forward some sort of "entrapment" argument, that UEFA deliberately led us on, knowing full well they were going to change the rules to those that could have given us a much better chance of achieving a controlled break-even position.
Being devil’s advocate, how could the Etihad sponsorship be deemed fair market value with regard to an organisation lacking the resources to self-fund it? Maybe it would by comparison with P.S.G. but not by any sane, non-bent yardstick.

Harris yet again makes a fool of himself by being partisan on his Twitter feed. Does he think City will really do open interviews before the CAS case? Is he really that ignorant of the way the law works? Has he actually trained as a journalist? It is perfectly usual for big organisations to release sensitive statements on their websites. It happens every day, especially in the business world where sensitivity of financial markets is critical. He appears to be a total moron with no objectivity at all. I can't believe his bosses at AP are happy with his contributions. He is actually damaging his own employer's brand as much as City's.

Great to see City fans on Twitter shooting down this self-important twat. Slags us off in the Media and then still expects the red carpet treatment when he slimes his way up to the Etihad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.