UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As UEFA have used hacked e-mails to be used against us. The time is now right to issue a court summons to appear in Manchester Crown Court. This for being in possession of stolen/hacked e-mails. The same would apply to the whole board/owner of Der Speigel. There is no way that they can say that they knew that they were not stolen/hacked. The time has now come to fight fire with fire, and let's see who blinks first.

Why are the Americans after Julian Assenage they are only after him because he hacked into a American Government data base. The crime that he committed happened in America and not where he was at the time of the hacking. So as the information that UEFA are using was in our computers the crime was committed here and not in Switzerland as some people claim. The same goes for the board and owner of Der Speigel.
I see you’re still barking mad.

Last edited:
They’d probably just move the ban in accordance to champions league restarting at the later date/year
City's lawyers might question that. I guess they can do what they want but strictly speaking the sanction was for the 2020/21 and 2021/22 seasons, and one of those seasons is in doubt. CL 2020/21 will probably go ahead in some format but everything is in doubt at the moment.

I can see football finance completely changing over the next couple of years. All of a sudden wealthy owners will be in vogue. It's hard to see FFP surviving when football's finance will be under huge pressure. Will Sheikh Mansour be prepared to finance Manchester City once again? It's been some time since he underwrote any of City's activity.

City's lawyers might question that. I guess they can do what they want but strictly speaking the sanction was for the 2020/21 and 2021/22 seasons, and one of those seasons is in doubt. CL 2020/21 will probably go ahead in some format but everything is in doubt at the moment.

I can see football finance completely changing over the next couple of years. All of a sudden wealthy owners will be in vogue. It's hard to see FFP surviving when football's finance will be under huge pressure. Will Sheikh Mansour be prepared to finance Manchester City once again? It's been some time since he underwrote any of City's activity.
I think any financing of City will be short term just to tide us over. CFG long term plan will not be compromised.

It may be that UEFA's punishment is struck down for lack of evidence, but unless CIty have provided a lot of confidential information, there won't be an 'innocent' outcome to this. It'll be more that the claims are not proved, and it will always be reported that the claims were made.

I think that will be the public perception, and the club will be resigned to that. I do think the club focus is on pressurising UEFA.

As PB suggested, this may come to be UEFA withdrawing the charge and stating that they will reform the CFCB - whether because CAS would make it untenable in its current state or to placate City. I think City will probably be happy to have the charge/punishment withdrawn, as that achieves the aim quickly without the need to go to a hearing.

C19 is temporary but it's going to completely wreck football finance.

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned it but indebted clubs like Spurs and Man Utd may have big problems.

surely the glazers will currently be rinsing United? More so than usual?

This is just the Bluemoon FFP cycle in one of its upswings. A respected poster hears something positive from a contact at the club, posts it in good faith, we seize upon it like drowning men clutching a lifebelt, it gets embellished with our wishful thinking and then......the hammer comes down and the mood swings to the other extreme. Patience.

This is just the Bluemoon FFP cycle in one of its upswings. A respected poster hears something positive from a contact at the club, posts it in good faith, we seize upon it like drowning men clutching a lifebelt, it gets embellished with our wishful thinking and then......the hammer comes down and the mood swings to the other extreme. Patience.
I'm not even sure he's actually heard anything, yet people hang on his every word
We all know what Khaldoon said about "irrefutable evidence " so people in Abu Dhabi being confident about City's case is already in the public domain
Now if there is supposed new confidence and it's being batted around, why are the media not laying the foundations of City's acquittal?
Imagine the clicks from outraged fans of other clubs it would generate for a struggling media

I am sure they would love the clickbait , but maybe it's not worth the shit that could head their way if they get something wrong. I assume our £20thou a day head lawyer is earning his money .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.