UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, just actual postings of blues who would think a reduced punishment would be acceptable.

That is a guilty verdict and, if people think the press have been bad up to this point, it would be open season on us to be taken apart.

Completely agree this is D-day for us!

Whilst our Silver Lake money would normally help us remain challengers for the league outside of no European football, I would wager you now points deductions in the Premier League to further hamstring us.

I have said previously, they would try to do a Saracens on us and even try to strip titles.

I don’t think they have the stomach for that fight
I think personally they gave a two year ban hoping we accept a one year ban
Then uefa can pretend they clipped our wings and rags and dippers can get back to making money in champions league and hope we fall behind a bit

If the ban stands i can see a lot of shit start flying about certain clubs
Dippers and PSG for a start

Looks like they're already setting out the narrative that we're still guilty even if we prevail at CAS. Any victory would be down to UEFA "caving in" rather than us being innocent.

it’s the ‘provided UEFA don’t cave’ line that interests me.

If you know what’s going on inside UEFA why would you be thinking that way unless there was some discussion within UEFA about the possibility that they might cave? The sense I get is that this is exactly what they are talking about and someone who doesn’t want them to cave has had a word with a receptive ear in the press.

I think you've misinterpreted.

I'm not saying a reduced ban would be ideal, I'm just not buying into the bluster that we're going to win this.

And that's not a slight on you, I can see why the club would be trying to project a confident outlook behind the scenes. Being quietly confident and choosing our moments to be direct and speak up when required (Khaldoon Vs Tebas, for example) but I'm just not convinced.

Like you've said, it's all or nothing on our part and we won't want to settle but, ultimately, it might well be out of our hands.

Sorry mate, thought had said a reduction by a year would be possibly acceptable you?

I was responding to that and others with a similar perspective.

It can't be acceptable for the reasons I have outlined.

Agree with the need for City to project positivity but Khaldoon wasn't doing it for me and had no need to do likewise for the people in the room at the time.

If you know what’s going on inside UEFA why would you be thinking that way unless there was some discussion within UEFA about the possibility that they might cave? The sense I get is that this is exactly what they are talking about and someone who doesn’t want them to cave has had a word with a receptive ear in the press.
Someone like.....for instance.......hypothetically speaking.......Rick parry???

I will wait for a tariq panja tweet to confirm

There is no obvious reason why UEFA should 'cave in' at this point. The worst that can happen for them is that CAS rules in our favour. Why would they not see what the outcome is rather than dropping all sanctions against us now? It makes no sense.

I'm debating with posters who believe a halfway house would be acceptable, without envisaging the wider ramifications of their acceptance.

My confidence is exactly where it was when our chairman in a private conversation assured that person we would not lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.