UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I'd put big money on there being a clause that says words to the effect "Nothing in this Agreement or any related document shall be construed as constituting an admission of any liability or wrongdoing whatsoever by either of the Parties or be admissible in any proceedings as evidence of liability or wrongdoing by either of the Parties." It may also say: "The Parties acknowledge and agree that there is a possibility that, after settling this matter, it will discover facts which were unknown or unsuspected at the time, and which if known by such Party at the time of this settlement might have materially affected its decision to settle this matter and the Parties are assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims"

Thanks PD, once I'd got my stubborn head off, given the information you've posted, I think it would be wise to give it serious consideration if that was on the table, as unpalatable as it may be.

Just a thought, I wonder if we would be OK with just accepting a fine with NO ban, or would even that be an admission of guilt?
No, we have done nothing wrong.
If you were accused of something you hadn't done would you take a stripe?

Who are the three people on the CAS panel? I know one is our, one is an independent and one is a uefa cunnt, but who are the 3?

It is a serious mistake to think that somehow the CAS are part of any dark forces. If the CAS decision goes in any way against us , then there will be a plethora of posts on here about the CAS being bent. So if you're inclined to think that may be the case then Google the CAS list (panel) of people and their CVs then ask yourself honestly if these people will do anything other than judge the matter objectively. In fact, I'm surprised given the Cvs of these people they can stoop so low as to be on a sports arbitration court. But I imagine they do it because they think sport is important. They are definitely not short of a bob or two.
Quite right. People in power with a bob or two are completely incorruptible.

Whatever the outcome and I truly believe we are innocent, I like the rest of us will remain fully behind our club..!

Any sort of guilty verdict, ban or fine will be the result of a stitch up in my opinion..!

What gives me comfort and confidence is that we are now run by professionals who themselves, along with the club have put their reputations on the line..

If I had to pick between us and the faces who run UEFA then there would only ever be one outcome..!

We could well get fcuked over but we / football hopefully can use this opportunity to start to cleanse the game and restructure it to open up opportunities to the Newcastles of this world to possibly allow them to enjoy a slice of the cake too..!

Football needs to afford the opportunity for all teams and their fans to dream.. otherwise, what's the point..

Money is the one tool that allows this..!

Stifling clubs who want to invest their own monies to appease the G14 history clubs, the majority of which are either saddled with hugh debt or bankrolled by car manufacturing, sportswear companies, the Spanish Government or dodgy, money laundering banks, will eventually suck the life out of the game..!

Big day coming up..!

Unless UEFA have nothing concrete to hit us with then I think they will reduce the charges to one of City being uncooperative in their investigations. I think this with either a smallish fine or a change of rules is the way it will pan out. Given that we have been under the microscope since before 2014 then I can't believe that they have found nothing to fit such a serious charge and punishment to go with it. We need to be squeaky clean here.

Settlements generally are not an admission of the breach or "guilt". In fact they usually specifically say the exact opposite - ie that the parties don't accept any breaches actually took place.

Whilst that may be true legally, from a general public perspective, the inference is that if you accept a deal then you've not been exactly squeaky clean

Anyway, I think the chance of a settlement has passed this time, and rightly so, one way or the other this needs to end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.