UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t it be great that if we do actually win the bloody thing ,Vinnny and the team go up to receive the trophy and instead of holding it up aloft,he simply turns it upside down instead and all the City fans present Booooo!
Or piss in it and pass it to the next man.

You do know the back ground to all this?

Don’t know if you’re wumming or clueless.

Yeah, and all the clubs in the Cartel are squeaky clean.

Fuck their rules, they weren't there until we appeared on the scene. Shite competition as well, does not hold a candle to the premier league.

You make it sound that we are already guilty !! How stupid is that ??

Hmm......

HHHMMMMM!!!!!! Wolfie in sheepies clothing m'thinks

We can question the legitimacy of FFP all we want. We all know it's a farce but we have to follow their rules if we play in their competition.

I want all of our achievements to be celebrated and looked up to by all. Call me soft but I hate when our clubs name is dragged through the mud and you can bet the club do too.

I don't think we'll get punished because it's going over old ground but we could have done without it either way.

Plus it's massively tedious watching know nowt supporters of other clubs devaluing all we've done. The players and staff of this club deserve better than that

Reactions: Ric
We can question the legitimacy of FFP all we want. We all know it's a farce but we have to follow their rules if we play in their competition.

I want all of our achievements to be celebrated and looked up to by all. Call me soft but I hate when our clubs name is dragged through the mud and you can bet the club do too.

I don't think we'll get punished because it's going over old ground but we could have done without it either way.

Plus it's massively tedious watching know nowt supporters of other clubs devaluing all we've done. The players and staff of this club deserve better than that

I'm afraid that's what they do, when you support a successful club. It's called petty jealousy. So it's going to happen anyway,
irrespective of FFP.

Club statement

Manchester City welcomes the opening of a formal UEFA investigation as an opportunity to bring to an end the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails.
The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false. The Club’s published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record.

Reading this, just after watching the Jonathan Norcroft and Colin Savage FFP talk, had me wondering how some journos can be so one sided in their criticism of the fans.

I hope any Journalists snooping this thread, who have criticised City fans over their reaction to this never ending story, that's being pushed for self centred reasons more often than not, rather than "the pursuit of fairness and justice" by journalists and tribal football fans alike, without any concrete evidence of wrong doing that UEFA hasn't already addressed...

I hope you take good long look at the comments on that official twitter feed and objectively assess which side the irrational, childish, offensive and sometimes racist comments are really coming from the most... and ask yourself, is it any wonder you have seen the responses you claim you have? So what if some blues appear dismissive, or defensive or even slightly offensive on occasion... they are often the lesser of two evils if you weigh up both sides of the fence and by a long distance on the whole.

Or do your double standards stretch further than having different sets of rules for different clubs, on how they should be allowed to build their dynasties? I.e. The cuttoff date the G14 decided it was wrong to do it after? They were so comfy that they wanted to protect what they've got(which nobody should be afforded because they had no such restrictions when they built up what they have), by latching onto a proposal meant to protect smaller clubs going into too much debt. The argument that, "whether you believe FFP should be legal or not, you shouldn't defend the breaking of rules, as that's dangerous", is a weak argument for numerous reasons:

What happened to your preaching about standing up for what you believe is right/moral? It's ok for many of you to defend bent rules(rules to serve one set of clubs, not dangerous how?) but not okay for City fans to say the rules should be abolished and call for City to challenge it in court? On the other hand, many of you are championing a guy who did something illegal(2 things actually, hacking and blackmailing in the past, who's to say he didn't go down the blackmail route again first with City?), no calls for him to be brought to justice though? What was it you said about whether you believe in the rules/laws or not being irrelevant? Or is that all just fluff, when it suits you? The biggest counter to that argument above for me, is a lot of the time City fans aren't defending the breaking of rules, they're merely pointing out double standards and the fact that many stones are being thrown from glass houses, if the other "history rich" clubs were targeted in the same way, these same people would be singing a different tune more often than not(the vast, vast majority). Also City fans know the real reason most clubs aren't competing in the same way they used to, isn't any moral stand for the good of football, it's that they CAN'T outspend City anymore... not because they think it's wrong.

I doubt some of the United/Liverpool loving Journos would be happy if City fans said, lets all hack United and Liverpool then and twist every piece of information we can, to form a case against them(mash it all together and paint the pictures we want). We get to build our own narrative, then spring it on them and hopefully everyone eats it up every single claim we make and takes it as gospel from the outset. I strongly suspect many of the UK media circuit wouldn't have that, they would suddenly say this was wrong to target a club in this way, with such measures because a lot of them are biased towards their supported club at heart, even if they try and resist it(some don't, they merely disguise it) it's still there.

The constant stream of of ill informed petty nonsense and or unsubstantiated claims from Liverpool fans(especially those) and the rest is there for all to see, every time the subject comes up. They have made up their minds, not due to "the weight of evidence", any journo worth their salt knows who they are pandering to and how little persuasion most football fans need to believe Man City "cheated and all their trophies are illegitimate now"... I cringe reading that level of childishness from supposed grown men, some of your fellow Journalist have no room to talk at all on that front because they are every bit as ignorant and petty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.