UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting a reduction but not exoneration if only because it allows for dissent amongst the judges. For a clear yes or no it would take a unanimous decision and "irrefutable" evidence one way or the other. Compromise makes a panel decision easier to achieve.
Surely 2-1 is a win. If 2 are convinced, surely.

Pure guesswork on my part but maybe the Etihad books really are the key to all this. It could be that City were relying on Etihad’s statement of no wrongdoing during the investigation, along with perhaps some bank statements showing where the money came from into the club. Maybe UEFA weren’t satisfied and wanted to see more, ie: Etihad’s books, and Etihad politely told them to piss off because that’s none of UEFA’s business. UEFA then think that we have something to hide, dish out the punishment, so Etihad throw their books open at the CAS appeal.

If that was their train of thought then they are thicker than i thought. Etihad are no more obliged to open their books for CAS than they are for UEFA

Thing is, if ADUG hadn't had come along I've no doubts that our league would have gone the same way with United dominating it yearly.

We really opened the gates.
Absolutely. Chelsea and then City saved English football from itself. United won 13 out of 20 Premier Leagues. They had an income at least six times higher than their nearest rivals and no one has ever batted an eyelid even though their longest-running sponsor is Saudi Telecom and they have £500m of debt. Their glory years are repeated relentlessly on SKY TV without any caveats.

4 years ago Pannick & Monica Carss-Frisk defended the ex-PM of Qatar

"Lead QC charged more than £400,000 to defend ex-PM of Qatar in case alleging he was linked to torture of British citizen

Hamad bin Jassim, known as HBJ, had hired David Pannick, Britain’s most prominent human rights Queen’s counsel, to head his defence team. Lord Pannick shot to fame in the 1980s when he appeared for the Sunday Times in the Spycatcher case and has since acted for the Queen, and defended the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the rights of gay soldiers.

Court documents show Pannick charged £407,250 for a defence involving a two-day trial, which he did not attend. His colleague Monica Carss-Frisk QC, who did appear, put in a fee for £228,150.

At these rates of pay, Pannick would appear to be more expensive to hire than Jonathan Sumption, who was paid almost £8m – the highest fee in British legal history – for defending the Chelsea football club owner, Roman Abramovich."

The New York Times may get some info soon. Did it go well for his mates in Uefa?
Panja reports
" Unofficially, Uefa are quietly confident that they have beaten those cheating Etihad twats"
OR "I have heard nothing but shares in candle makers have risen sharply".

Reactions: mat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.