UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, but maybe they reluctantly agreed to do so at CAS so as to put this matter to bed once and for all
Surely they would not have to go as far as opening the books, as a sworn affidavit from etihad would do if the club (or uefa) requested it nicely.

the thing that is a puzzle to me today is ? why it was not thrown out by CAS over the 3 days. if like the city owners have said uefa have got this wrong and the dodgy emails breach laws and uefa never even listen or looked at the city case document in the first place. all of the above would have been dismiss by a court and thrown out in a matter in hours ??

so have uefa done their home work and had something up their sleeves ? or city did miss lead the FFP rules and trying to go down the route of the dodgy emails being used or we should not be punished twice for the same thing. was its uefa job to have looked harder in the first place or they missed something when the squad reduction ban and £49million fine was handed to city

i was in the camp of it should be thrown out on day one or two if city have done nothing wrong and if uefa are using the dodgy leaked emails. even if the first punishment handed out by uefa was the end of the story ? you can not say sorry we missed something out or city hidden some document from them ? it was uefa jobs to find all the information in the first place and city said everything was sent to uefa everything they requested

i would like to know if the leaked emails was dated and used in the first case and uefa missed it when doing the investigation back in 2013. if so city rightly so should walk away free of any wrong doings and uefa should be punished for rubbishing our good name

the thing that is a puzzle to me today is ? why it was not thrown out by CAS over the 3 days. if like the city owners have said uefa have got this wrong and the dodgy emails breach laws and uefa never even listen or looked at the city case document in the first place. all of the above would have been dismiss by a court and thrown out in a matter in hours ??

so have uefa done their home work and had something up their sleeves ? or city did miss lead the FFP rules and trying to go down the route of the dodgy emails being used or we should not be punished twice for the same thing. was its uefa job to have looked harder in the first place or they missed something when the squad reduction ban and £49million fine was handed to city

i was in the camp of it should be thrown out on day one or two if city have done nothing wrong and if uefa are using the dodgy leaked emails. even if the first punishment handed out by uefa was the end of the story ? you can not say sorry we missed something out or city hidden some document from them ? it was uefa jobs to find all the information in the first place and city said everything was sent to uefa everything they requested

i would like to know if the leaked emails was dated and used in the first case and uefa missed it when doing the investigation back in 2013. if so city rightly so should walk away free of any wrong doings and uefa should be punished for rubbishing our good name

CAS are not a court in the usual sense and from my understanding they are more or less considered as mediators. So I don’t think the option of being thrown out of court is possible?

UEFA May well have other evidence we are not aware of at this time and this is what worries me. Why else would they go nuclear (especially the AC) if they weren’t confident themselves

Also as far as I am aware hacked/stolen emails can be used under Swiss law (as long as they are real that is)

the thing that is a puzzle to me today is ? why it was not thrown out by CAS over the 3 days.

Things don't get summarily dismissed in matters like this. Lawyers are good - most cases arguable. There is no certainty even on the strongest case. Thats why its surprising City didn't take a settlement. Its always risky even if you are confident.

Would fans and the club be happy if the ban was thrown out but we had to pay the 30m for procedural errors? I would guess this is a possibility of no-one losing faith.

I wouldn't even accept a fine.

After everything we as lifelong fans of our club have been through, to now go through all this and be slaughtered by the media - and why just because the G14 cartel motherfuckers started to panic and quibble in their cartel uefa donned Y-fronts about an owner arriving on the scene , an owner who wanted to grow a club the right way and build an infrastructure in world football unlike any other!

The same as the G14 did back in the day but never even had a corrupt rule like ffp in place to stop them and their sugar rich owners making them a household name whilst collecting trophies

The cartel fuckers laughed at first at little old Manchester City, along with their so called european royalty brothers who wanted all the proceeds between themselves - then the laughter and chuckling soon started to change to doubt, disbelief and downright horror once Manchester City started on its upward projectory.

The owners of the cartel clubs along with the bigot stance of some in european football then had to stop this at all costs. There was no way they wanted another club to take not only a slice of the pie but push them out along the way. And hence a plan was put in place with their friends within the games governing body - you could liken it to the organisation in a bond movie. SPECTRE seems apt for this lot as their hooked tentacles reach deep and far within UEFA like the octopus.

UEFA is an organisation that is supposed to govern and do what is just and right for the game, they cannot even punish racism and deal with it properly apart from giving out paltry fines and making people stand waving a banner - you think this organisation is going to allow, as they name it, dirty oil money come into the game and be successful ?

I am not saying all uefa are rotten apples because Soriano has said this, we have our friends at uefa.

But we have done nothing wrong, our CEO has said this along with others at the club, so even to accept a fine would be reported of City being guilty.

Fuck the cartel, fuck the hateful eight, fuck the corrupt uefa employees who bow to the cartel.

I hope we win this case and then uefa can have a shakedown and stop the cartel from monopolising the game

Rant over....going for my tea

After everything we as lifelong fans of our club have been through, to now go through all this and be slaughtered by the media - and why just because the G14 cartel motherfuckers started to panic and quibble in their cartel uefa donned Y-fronts about an owner arriving on the scene , an owner who wanted to grow a club the right way and build an infrastructure in world football unlike any other!

The same as the G14 did back in the day but never even had a corrupt rule like ffp in place to stop them and their sugar rich owners making them a household name whilst collecting trophies

The cartel fuckers laughed at first at little old Manchester City, along with their so called european royalty brothers who wanted all the proceeds between themselves - then the laughter and chuckling soon started to change to doubt, disbelief and downright horror once Manchester City started on its upward projectory.

The owners of the cartel clubs along with the bigot stance of some in european football then had to stop this at all costs. There was no way they wanted another club to take not only a slice of the pie but push them out along the way. And hence a plan was put in place with their friends within the games governing body - you could liken it to the organisation in a bond movie. SPECTRE seems apt for this lot as their hooked tentacles reach deep and far within UEFA like the octopus.

UEFA is an organisation that is supposed to govern and do what is just and right for the game, they cannot even punish racism and deal with it properly apart from giving out paltry fines and making people stand waving a banner - you think this organisation is going to allow, as they name it, dirty oil money come into the game and be successful ?

I am not saying all uefa are rotten apples because Soriano has said this, we have our friends at uefa.

But we have done nothing wrong, our CEO has said this along with others at the club, so even to accept a fine would be reported of City being guilty.

Fuck the cartel, fuck the hateful eight, fuck the corrupt uefa employees who bow to the cartel.

I hope we win this case and then uefa can have a shakedown and stop the cartel from monopolising the game

What you having?

Spot on! A reduced ban or fine still means we were guilty. The punishment is a two headed beast...a ban could mean players leaving and other knock on effects but, what is more important is the damage to the club's reputation and the continuous shit the fans have had to put up with. Being told that our achievements mean fuck all because it's down to cheating will be what every jealous, bitter rival fan and sports journo will be telling us for a long time to come. They'll probably even push for honours to be taken from us.
And...what will really leave a nasty taste in my mouth will be the fact that our owners have lied to us if guilty. I believe we're innocent of all charge though and have been arguing this from day one. I have faith in my club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.