UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would fans and the club be happy if the ban was thrown out but we had to pay the 30m for procedural errors? I would guess this is a possibility of no-one losing faith.

Would fans and the club be happy if the ban was thrown out but we had to pay the 30m for procedural errors? I would guess this is a possibility of no-one losing faith.

I'd go for that - the Good Sheik shoves his hand down the back of any old armchair and, oooooh, thirty millions!

4 years ago Pannick & Monica Carss-Frisk defended the ex-PM of Qatar

"Lead QC charged more than £400,000 to defend ex-PM of Qatar in case alleging he was linked to torture of British citizen

Hamad bin Jassim, known as HBJ, had hired David Pannick, Britain’s most prominent human rights Queen’s counsel, to head his defence team. Lord Pannick shot to fame in the 1980s when he appeared for the Sunday Times in the Spycatcher case and has since acted for the Queen, and defended the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the rights of gay soldiers.

Court documents show Pannick charged £407,250 for a defence involving a two-day trial, which he did not attend. His colleague Monica Carss-Frisk QC, who did appear, put in a fee for £228,150.

At these rates of pay, Pannick would appear to be more expensive to hire than Jonathan Sumption, who was paid almost £8m – the highest fee in British legal history – for defending the Chelsea football club owner, Roman Abramovich."
Maybe that suggests that Pannick was involved in analysing our case and preparing the lines with Monica.
Cheap at the price!

Can't see them sacking Pearce, tho' he deserves it. We had previous with emails showing disrespect and Cook was sacked. Cliff should have known better and must go. If we lose, I expect Soriano will want to fall on his sword. Shame really, because he is talented at the commercial game, but his statements put his honour at stake.
God, I hope we win.
Still nervously confident.
C'mon City.
I agree. I still trust Soriano and what he has said publically. It is also worth pointing out that Pep has repeatedly said he trusts what he has been told by the club. I believe that Pep is also a man of honour. For these reasons I would be amazed if we lost this case.
But when you read the emails it is impossible not to be critical of the CFG senior managers. People in senior positions should be calm and measured under pressure. Some of the childish and over-emotional comments seen from Pearce and Cliff are just unprofessional and damaging to our business.
Garry Cook lost his job for his comments about Mrs Onuoha which were not as bad as Cliff's comment: "One down, six to go." about the Uefa official.

I agree. I still trust Soriano and what he has said publically. It is also worth pointing out that Pep has repeatedly said he trusts what he has been told by the club. I believe that Pep is also a man of honour. For these reasons I would be amazed if we lost this case.
But when you read the emails it is impossible not to be critical of the CFG senior managers. People in senior positions should be calm and measured under pressure. Some of the childish and over-emotional comments seen from Pearce and Cliff are just unprofessional and damaging to our business.
Garry Cook lost his job for his comments about Mrs Onuoha which were not as bad as Cliff's comment: "One down, six to go." about the Uefa official.
Cooke lost his job for using the "I was hacked" line. If he admitted a mistake and apologized straight away he could have been ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.