UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear (especially with things at home). Take care bud and let's hope we all come through Covid/CAS with lots to celebrate. Pints in the Claremont :-)

Fuck that - they would leave me for dead in the Claremont these days. I'd have to go in with a mate from Great Western Street to vouch for me now!!

I don't get that at the Con Club in Alty ;)

if you were in stoke in a pub and was asked who do you support and you answered city,what stoke ? , no
Manchester City or Man City ?

I refer to the team I support as either City or Manchester City. The "MAN" abbreviation is only there to make rag nursery rhymes work, and identified by their fans as the 3 letter code for both Ringway Airport & Piccadilly stations where the majority of their home support travel through, the former from Ireland, the States & the Far East, and the latter from London & the South East.

I refer to the team I support as either City or Manchester City. The "MAN" abbreviation is only there to make rag nursery rhymes work, and identified by their fans as the 3 letter code for both Ringway Airport & Piccadilly stations where the majority of their home support travel through, the former from Ireland, the States & the Far East, and the latter from London & the South East.

We're Manchester City. The Rags are Man Utd as they aren't in Manchester and don't merit the full title. As they've nicked the full name we have to put up with the abbreviation.

The club has had 10 years to challenge FFP's legality under european law. 4 years before the initial breach, and 6 years since. We know they arent shy of litigation, we know they will gladly assemble a monstrous team of lawyers to fight for them.

They havent done so because the dont want to get rid of FFP.

Some fans need to accept this.

It's a theory. There's evidence to support it but there's some to contradict it - Khaldoon's claim that he's prepared to tie UEFA up in court for ten years for example.

Off the top of my head I can think of at least two popular chants that use the abbreviation 'Man' in relation to City and one derogatory aimed at the Rags that uses the abbreviation. I don't really understand the opposition to it.

It's a theory. There's evidence to support it but there's some to contradict it - Khaldoon's claim that he's prepared to tie UEFA up in court for ten years for example.

Sorry but that's not evidence to contradict it at all. Think through what you're saying. You've seen an email bragging about how litigious Khaldoon is, and you think it's proof he wouldn't use lawyers to get rid of FFP if he wanted to?

Manchester City don't want to get rid of FFP, and the only evidence you need to know that's true is the fact they've taken absolutely no steps to get rid of it, despite it ostensibly being a massive thorn in our side for a decade.

What they want is what every big club wants, to have enough revenue that FFP doesn't restrict them, while making future takeovers like ours by the Saudi's or Chinese or any other mega-billionaire completely unattractive through making it a 10+ year slog to get anywhere near the top.

We currently have 1 serious rival in the country. United are in stasis, Chelsea faltering after the government crackdown on Abramovic, Arsenal are sinking and Spurs are broke. The last thing ADUG want is FFP to be killed and more well run, infinitely wealthy clubs popping up to get into an arms race with.

Last edited:
Cheers. Ultimately, the stakes are so high for the club, I struggle to believe they would spin the wheel at CAS without a high level of confidence. My concern on the flip side remains that there is never a certainty in any hearing...
Was this a new podcast Stefan or was it an archive retrieval of the superb ones you did last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.