UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A suspended ban is still an indictment and does not achieve what we are aiming to achieve in drawing a line under all of this, if we are truly innocent I would expect this to be taken further

Suspended ban translates to guilt. We need to be exonerated otherwise we will still have the cheat tag aimed.

I think it's incredibly naive to think the club would not accept a suspended ban if offered.

The financial and player ramifications of the current 2 year ban are so severe that I'm sure the club would take it. It's offering a 6 months probation to someone facing 10 years in prison, you're an idiot not to take it even if you're innocent.

Suspended ban isn't enough. That's a concerning development if true, we need this monkey off our back for good. I'm sick of this shit hanging over us.
Exactly, this BS has been going on too long. There was brief spell from Apr 2017 (when we exited settlement agreement signed in 2014) until November 2018 where we did not have this FFP shit. Other than that its been constant, basically from 2009!

I feel like journalists putting it out there that we're going to "shake the market" if we get a suspended ban would be the quickest way for it to be political suicide for UEFA to give us a suspended ban.

I do wonder whether this is led.

"How does the club feel?" "All is calm"
"do you have a view of the hearing?" "It was very positive fair, we are pleased with how it went"
"Do you think CAS may suspend or delay punishment?" "We have contemplated all possible outcomes, including them."
"If there is a suspension does that give the club leeway to go in hard and shake up the market?" "Those are certainly options that might come into play."

All the info for the tweet, not a single leaked piece of info.

I think it's incredibly naive to think the club would not accept a suspended ban if offered.

The financial and player ramifications of the current 2 year ban are so severe that the club I'm sure the club would take it. It's offering a 6 months probation to someone facing 10 years in prison, you're an idiot to take it even if you're innocent.
Yep, we’d snap their hands off I imagine. Think something may have been lost in translation though, as I can’t really envisage a scenario whereby the sentence was suspended.

I think it's incredibly naive to think the club would not accept a suspended ban.
Presumably we could still try and overturn the decision in a higher court. Could we accept the suspended ban but continue to fight to clear our name? A bit like someone can be convicted in a criminal court, get a suspended jail sentence, but overturn that perhaps years later. It's not the perfect result but would keep us in the game. It all depends on the wording of the decision I suppose.

Translation: “Manchester City is calm about its possible sanction and has thus transmitted it to its staff. They consider the view with UEFA very positive and even contemplate a suspension / postponement of it. If so, the club will shake the market with several important signings.”
Is this geezer in the know or bored shitless in lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.