UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A suspended ban is still an indictment and does not achieve what we are aiming to achieve in drawing a line under all of this, if we are truly innocent I would expect this to be taken further

Depends what the reasons for the suspended ban are maybe. If it's classed as "not proven" or even down to the differing accountancy ideas that have been raised here, it gives UEFA some facesaving, that's not the end of the world.

Also, for City to breach again would be so idiotic, the suspension is probably not going to come into force.

Yep, we’d snap their hands off I imagine. Think something may have been lost in translation though, as I can’t really envisage a scenario whereby the sentence was suspended.

Well I'm pretty sure that UEFA and City can reach a settlement between now and the judgement coming down. I believe that's pretty common in arbitrations for the two parties to be negotiating off the back of how the arbitration is going.

So if it did go very well for us at CAS, and both sides recognised that, I imagine UEFA would be offering us something in the next month to avoid the disaster of CAS siding with us entirely.

Yep, we’d snap their hands off I imagine. Think something may have been lost in translation though, as I can’t really envisage a scenario whereby the sentence was suspended.

The only thing I can think is CAS side with us, have suspended the ban but sent it back to UEFA to formally resolve.
Is this geezer in the know or bored shitless in lockdown?

Aguero gives him the line-up to leak when he's not starting, so it's probably what Kun's been told.

Suspended ban isn't enough. That's a concerning development if true, we need this monkey off our back for good. I'm sick of this shit hanging over us.
Probably isn’t enough. Though not sure what we do if it’s what we get. May just have to accept it, and move on.Could be worse

I think it's incredibly naive to think the club would not accept a suspended ban if offered.

The financial and player ramifications of the current 2 year ban are so severe that I'm sure the club would take it. It's offering a 6 months probation to someone facing 10 years in prison, you're an idiot not to take it even if you're innocent.

Absolute no-brainer as I see it.

Is this geezer in the know or bored shitless in lockdown?
As posted earlier, he’s well connected to Aguero so I presume that’s where it’s come from. It’s not exactly conclusive proof this is what will happen.

I wouldn't jump to take that translation for granted. I like the tone of it, but the suspension thing could be totally lost in translation, particularly if it is an even remotely legal term. Suspension, dismissal, ejection, etc etc, similar words, different outcomes.

He probably wouldn't know the likelyhood of any possible result, but he might well be tapping into a prevalent mood, which is very positive, and not something that has gone unnoticed, by a few on here.

I'm still cautious and not quite ready to be positive, but i absolutely welcome seeing some optimism.

I think it's incredibly naive to think the club would not accept a suspended ban if offered.

The financial and player ramifications of the current 2 year ban are so severe that I'm sure the club would take it. It's offering a 6 months probation to someone facing 10 years in prison, you're an idiot not to take it even if you're innocent.

Perhaps. But it is also naive to assume that if we Did accept a suspended ban, that we would be in any way aggresive in the market and spend freely. Surely any ban hanging over our heads would mean tight budgets and being watched.

NOT that i think a suspended ban is even an option, for either party, or something the tweeter could knowingly expect, see above.

A suspended ban is still an indictment and does not achieve what we are aiming to achieve in drawing a line under all of this, if we are truly innocent I would expect this to be taken further

If we get a suspended ban, it would be a disappointment but I wouldn't waste time and money trying to take it further. I'd prefer to draw a line under it and get on with the season - whatever CAS say in our favour, the majority of clubs and opposition fans would continue to call us cheats and frankly, I don't care. I'd just gloat that we won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.