UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm nervous now. I was quite confident until a few days ago. Maybe it's cityitus in me. But some of the KDB stuff in media, Garcia wanting to leave and Pep's press conference the other day. Like I said maybe its just me.

I'm still of the belief we haven't done anything wrong, our sponsors still met their contractual obligation - Just some bloody stupid emails from someone who should have known better and a poor IT department to allow being hacked.

Back in the day, when at school and university, I took lots of exams and many of them seemed vitally important in that they generally required a fairly successful performance for me to be able to go forward and do what I wanted to do next. As it turned out, I managed to get through each stage satisfactorily or better, but even when I'd left the exam almost certain of that, based on the way it went, I was shitting myself in the run-up to the results being published.

I don't think there's any surprise in that at all when the stakes seem so high, and they do for City now, as well. It's perfectly natural for fans to be worried as decision-day nears, not least because there's insufficient information in the public domain about the evidence presented at the hearing for anyone to make an authoritative assessment of where things actually stand.

On 3rd July, the claims were reported that Uefa had asked for the decision announcement to be deferred from the 10th, to the 13th. Incidentally, the 10th is a week away from the 3rd.

It was then confirmed both parties agreed to have the announcement on the 13th (the Monday, i.e first working day after the 10th).

Admittedly, i thought nothing of it at the time, both being cautious etc. But, having read CAS's procedure, where they do say they let parties know in advance, once a decision is made, it seems damn counterintuitive to me that CAS would contact both, say, weve reached a decision, we'll announce it in a week, and not tell either what the decision is. To me, it seems logical that at that point the decision would also be made known to them as per their own procedure. For both parties to then also agree to delay it, without knowing what it is, just doesnt feel likely.

Coupled with the projected positivity around the club at that exact same point, is it really That unlikely, that we knew from the 3rd, something that was mesnt to be announced in the 10th, and has since been pushed back to the 13th?

Back in the day, when at school and university, I took lots of exams and many of them seemed vitally important in that they generally required a fairly successful performance for me to be able to go forward and do what I wanted to do next. As it turned out, I managed to get through each stage satisfactorily or better, but even when I'd left the exam almost certain of that, based on the way it went, I was shitting myself in the run-up to the results being published.

I don't think there's any surprise in that at all when the stakes seem so high, and they do for City now, as well. It's perfectly natural for fans to be worried as decision-day nears, not least because there's insufficient information in the public domain about the evidence presented at the hearing for anyone to make an authoritative assessment of where things actually stand.
Petrusha, if you don’t mind, what is your assessment of this case in general?

I made the point before of how can this of got to this point, our accounts are audited and clearly show (to my knowledge) the cash flow direct from Etihad & others, with that said how can hacked emails lead to this? On a legal stand point surely they are irrelevant.

How UEFA prove otherwise before CAS is next to impossible in my opinion, not to mention the dates past since the settlement that covered these original issues as well as being released from said settlement in 2017.

https://www.tas-cas.org/en/arbitration/code-procedural-rules.html
there is some flexibility but if you look at the judgments they all broadly follow the step by step I put in the post.
So under section R38, has the statement of the issue submitted for determination been published to the public domain? That's what I can't find at the moment. Can you appeal just the decision (that we did not comply with their rules) of UEFA or do you have to appeal the whole decision+punishment?

I wonder if John MacBeath and Simon Pearce will be attending tomorrow’s draw...nice little last duty free jolly on the club...whatever the verdict, I think their days are counting down to zero...would have sent the wrong signals to be relieved of their responsibilities before it is made public on Monday...

On 3rd July, the claims were reported that Uefa had asked for the decision announcement to be deferred from the 10th, to the 13th. Incidentally, the 10th is a week away from the 3rd.

It was then confirmed both parties agreed to have the announcement on the 13th (the Monday, i.e first working day after the 10th).

Admittedly, i thought nothing of it at the time, both being cautious etc. But, having read CAS's procedure, where they do say they let parties know in advance, once a decision is made, it seems damn counterintuitive to me that CAS would contact both, say, weve reached a decision, we'll announce it in a week, and not tell either what the decision is. To me, it seems logical that at that point the decision would also be made known to them as per their own procedure. For both parties to then also agree to delay it, without knowing what it is, just doesnt feel likely.

Coupled with the projected positivity around the club at that exact same point, is it really That unlikely, that we knew from the 3rd, something that was mesnt to be announced in the 10th, and has since been pushed back to the 13th?
They could have simply been planning comms. It’s not necessarily the case that the decision was made on the day they contacted both parties to agree a date for the public announcement. The scenario you describe is credible though for sure. Not long now though. We will all know in a few days time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.