UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, and I don’t doubt that the information posted is posted in good faith but just imagine, for a minute, that the word City was exchanged with United. The potential revenue implications of thIs are huge and I don’t think that they’d be allowed to sit on that knowledge for a week, a weekend or even a day, had it been known to them. I’m sure they would be obligated to tell the NYSE as soon as as they were made aware, given the likely positive/negative effect on their share price.

Perhaps. Perhaps they may have. valid enough point.

That is just my reading of the situation. Who knows though. Monday isn't far away either way

Hopefully we will be exonerated shortly but some in UEFA & G14 will be happy either way as the smear campaign has worked whatever the outcome. I personally don’t care what other clubs fans think, but even if we are exonerated, we’ll be guilty in many idiots eyes, something UEFA/G14 will have set out to do imo.

Thing is, and I don’t doubt that the information posted is posted in good faith but just imagine, for a minute, that the word City was exchanged with United. The potential revenue implications of thIs are huge and I don’t think that they’d be allowed to sit on that knowledge for a week, a weekend or even a day, had it been known to them. I’m sure they would be obligated to tell the NYSE as soon as as they were made aware, given the likely positive/negative effect on their share price.
That's why they stick to a strict timetable. The only people who will know before announcement should be the adjudicators and support staff, all of whom will be subject to strict controls and warnings as to things like share dealing. I would hope this is the case, anyway. The fact that the decision affects one of the parties is irrelevant to CAS, that party has known the date of when the decision is released and can ask for it to be moved for practical reasons, like UEFA did. Sitting on the result for a period of time is irrelevant.

Neither party will be given the decision before very early Monday morning. That’s what I’ve been told anyway. I would tend to believe it as there’s been zero leaks which would’ve come had it been communicated already.
I would be surprised if that was the case.

I would think UEFA and City would both want time to prepare a statement to be released immediately after the verdict is made public.

For both parties the decision is going to seriously effect their futures one way or the other.

Was the delaying of the announcement a decision/agreement by UEFA and City? If that's the case, it isn't really anything to do with CAS I wouldn't have thought. CAS will have had their own timetable for giving UEFA and City the decision and then it's up to the clubs what they do with it. With that in mind, I think it's very likely City know now.

I genuinely don’t think the club have been informed yet, so what @BillyShears said re: Monday morning sounds perfectly plausible to me.

I think something would’ve leaked by now if either the club or UEFA knew, but there’s been absolutely nothing.

But won't they both be legally bound to remain silent on it? I imagine that after comments from CAS regarding leaks during the initial process, UEFA wouldn't risk that again and we would ensure nothing comes out either.

Unless the proof of innocence is irrefutable I would be surprised if CAS gave us complete exoneration and thru out the case completely? If the case is that dodgy why would UEFA have banned us in the first place, it just makes them look incompetent. Is it not the case that most arbitration services look to try and keep most parties happy? Therefore we might find ourselves looking at a 1 season ban come Monday. I could obviously be wrong and truly hope I am, but this is just the pessimistic blue in me.
Haha, there is always that slight concern (both our legacy and the burden of proof aspect), but also, if I take a look inside my bag... I'm sure it's in here somewhere 《rummages》...ahh yes!
We just so do happen to have the holy handgrenade of irrefutable evidence, remember?
giphy.gif

What about the guy who called Fabian Delph when we all thought it had fell through?
That was a strange one for me, not the same guy in the quoted post but as I got out of the car to play golf the transfer had just been called off, got back in the car to find messages on my turned off mobile from a mare of mine sent 2 mins after I got out of the car & turned it off telling me to get some money on it happening, he was working for an ex-sponsor company in a very low job but they were dealing with his shirt printing.

Missed out on a load of winnings...and list at golf too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.