UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
City Man said:
"Never mind about the shit that sticks. This is football and things come and go quickly. 13 years ago Juventus were reviled in football due to out and out corruption. Now they are the Grand Old Lady of European footie. Many neutrals would like to see them lift the CL trophy. We are a phenomenon in European football. If the worst comes to the worst and we get kicked out of the CL for a season, we'll come back stronger. We are now a great club, and that won't change."

Liverpool made sure all English teams were banned from Europe for five years and apparently Liverpool are fkn great!

If the posts were littered with spelling and grammar errors and clearly were the ramblings of a bitter old chronic alcoholic, there's a chance it could have been 'Aldo'

just in general on here, the time for good grammar and spelling is long went.

City Man said:
"Never mind about the shit that sticks. This is football and things come and go quickly. 13 years ago Juventus were reviled in football due to out and out corruption. Now they are the Grand Old Lady of European footie. Many neutrals would like to see them lift the CL trophy. We are a phenomenon in European football. If the worst comes to the worst and we get kicked out of the CL for a season, we'll come back stronger. We are now a great club, and that won't change."

Liverpool made sure all English teams were banned from Europe for five years and apparently Liverpool are fkn great!
Funny how a club big on 'istree are so adept at rewriting it!

My 2cents from a very simplistic point of view.

A ban will only be enforced after City have exhausted ALL legal proceedings, on the basis the club is innocent.

Remember Khaldoon made reference to 'accepting' a small slap on the wrist when we were previously fined, putting everyone on notice, they believed they were innocent, but would contest any further claim of wrong doing in the future

If City don't pursue any false claim to the highest court, then I'll take that as an admission of guilt.

And here's the bit I don't see anyone mention ... If there has been an attempt to deceive regarding sponsorship income, does anyone think the guys at City and those sponsors would have made such a bad job of covering their tracks?

This is a hatchet job and at some point UEFA will be begging to close this matter without them losing face, power or significant income, as they'll be shown to be the biased corrupt organisation they are.

In short, this issue will only end with City being winners & UEFA being losers, unless we really are guilty.

My 2cents from a very simplistic point of view.

A ban will only be enforced after City have exhausted ALL legal proceedings, on the basis the club is innocent.

Remember Khaldoon made reference to 'accepting' a small slap on the wrist when we were previously fined, putting everyone on notice, they believed they were innocent, but would contest any further claim of wrong doing in the future

If City don't pursue any false claim to the highest court, then I'll take that as an admission of guilt.

And here's the bit I don't see anyone mention ... If there has been an attempt to deceive regarding sponsorship income, does anyone think the guys at City and those sponsors would have made such a bad job of covering their tracks?

This is a hatchet job and at some point UEFA will be begging to close this matter without them losing face, power or significant income, as they'll be shown to be the biased corrupt organisation they are.

In short, this issue will only end with City being winners & UEFA being losers, unless we really are guilty.

Thank you judge rinder:)

I keep on hearing a decision is imminent, but still fuck all. Tomorrow afternoon maybe?, or maybe there is no decision, who fucking knows.

This is simply as misinformed as when non City fans (with no clue) claim the same about City.

PSG need to sell now to break even and did the same last summer. Also, their sponsorship deals are indeed seen as 'related party' transactions and are tested against the "fair market value" calculation.

Surely this is the issue of Fair Value. Any sponsorship deals that PSG get that are anywhere the value of a deal City get is inflated and therefore not fair value. The French league does not have the worldwide appeal of the Premier League, it does not get the revenue of the PL. This is where through ignorance or not, I do believe that PSG are treated differently. One could even argue that although the Mbappe deal wasn't illegal it was most certainly not in the spirit of the rules and most certainly PSG sticking two fingers up at UEFA. Had that been City it would not have been taken lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.