UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin, it still doesn't matter whether UEFA or someonelse hacked us. It is still not allowed in a court of law to use anything gained illegally. Therefore they are deemed to also have broken the law and are just as liable, as if they did it themselves. It is as I stated the fruit of the poisonous tree.

this is not true. you can use illegally gained material as evidence, in some circumstances. It's circumstantial, as with a lot of things in law.

Has anyone read up on the Portuguese guy behind football links? He’s clearly a hacker and I have no doubt he obtained information illegally but I think his intentions are good.

Through football leaks he has helped to highlight corruption, massive tax evasion and even Ronaldo’s rape scandal. We might get caught up in it but I don’t agree with those that think it’s all targeted against City.

Football is corrupt and it’s nice someone is highlighting that and personally I don’t think hacked emails should negate the actions of clubs. I’m no fan of FFP and think they should be scrapped. I don’t even know if what we have done is breaking the rules, but this guy shouldn’t be vilified just because the club we love has been caught up in it all.

i think a lot of people would nod and agree with the statement "Is European football corrupt and in need of a total reformation?", i know i would, and i agree with whistleblowers in lots of situations, especially for the plight of the oppressed against big corporations, for example. But here we're looking at something more akin to extortion, plus some whistleblowing seemingly tacked on to help Pinto out of a shit swamp. I think he may have started out with mixed intention, and is getting an unduly heroic reception in some quarters. I for one wouldn't mind seeing European football torn down and rebuilt.

Uefa do have the hacked material. Der Spiegel passed everything over apparently. Not that it matters. City haven’t argued the veracity or the material, but the context and prepared a 100 page rebuttal and evidence.

Quite. It stands to reason that UEFA have a relevant chunk, doesn't it? Otherwise they'd be trying to form a case based on nothing!

Can someone point me in the direction of material which confirms that Der Spiegel have directly passed stolen material on to Uefa, I haven't seen that anywhere and means a private business corporation is holding and using stolen material to the detriment of one of its license holders. I'm not sure how legal that would be.

Can someone point me in the direction of material which confirms that Der Spiegel have directly passed stolen material on to Uefa, I haven't seen that anywhere and means a private business corporation is holding and using stolen material to the detriment of one of its license holders. I'm not sure how legal that would be.
UEFA are also a regulator and are on record about this sort of thing.

Look, I don’t get why City fans keep going on and on about the legality of the hacked emails. City would not be preparing a 100 odd page rebuttal if they were going to try and argue their legality or veracity. They’re arguing the context (His Majesty vs His Majesty Sheik Mansour etc) and giving supporting evidence (bank transfers from Etihad and the like) that Etihad paid Manchester City directly.

It’s a non starter and not worth arguing or debating over.

i think a lot of people would nod and agree with the statement "Is European football corrupt and in need of a total reformation?", i know i would, and i agree with whistleblowers in lots of situations, especially for the plight of the oppressed against big corporations, for example. But here we're looking at something more akin to extortion, plus some whistleblowing seemingly tacked on to help Pinto out of a shit swamp. I think he may have started out with mixed intention, and is getting an unduly heroic reception in some quarters. I for one wouldn't mind seeing European football torn down and rebuilt.
He started out by hacking a bank didnt he? Moved to Romania on his proceeds, saw some emails that showed that the "football game he loved" was being harmed so he started on a mission to expose it all. His actions didnt match his words tbh. I should probably read it again, but he came across as someone who made money ouot of his hacking exploits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.