UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for the lawyerly types. If I have a television for example and someone steals said television I am now without a television, (let's assume for the purposes of this that I only had one tv to start with).
If my emails are hacked and "stolen" I am still in full possession of my emails, (ergo no material loss?). Is there any legal difference in this scenario and if so will it impact in any way on the current Der Spiegel affair?

What worries me is what the two guys who are working for UEFA, 1 is a former Liverpool director MR Rick Parry the other one is a former Man. Utd. director MR David Gill. I just wonder how much they are trying to get us banned from European comps. This so that it will be easier for them to get a champions league spot, at our expense. I hope that the lawyers which we no doubt have on call are all ready looking into this.

I was speaking to a friend of mine who worked for the police. We were discussing about us being looked for FFP breaches. What he said to me is what I already knew. That if this went to a court off law, there would be no way that UEFA would be able to use the hacked e-mails, to prove their point about us breaking FFP, as all the e-mails would be thrown out of court and couldn't be given as evidence, as this would be considered as fruit of the poisonous tree as they say in the law courts. We would also have a very good case to charge them with theft, even though they didn't do it themselves.
Would be receiving.

During the UEFA final between Arse and Chelsea the turnstiles were opened to the public before half time ! to make the ground look more full, UEFA say it was done without their knowledge? so their response is "Despite the concerns, Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin used Wednesday’s meeting of the executive committee to confirm that Baku would not be stripped of its four matches at the European Championship."

Can you imagine what could happen if this happened in the CL final.

But rest easy this is the organisation that is investigating us?????????

I have been digging into Swiss law. Arbitration, which is what CAS offer is subject to a statutory code. Quite long and complicated but the essence is that there are strict procedural rules to ensure fairness. You can appeal CAS decisions to the Swiss supreme court. BUT..... the supreme court almost never overturns the verdict of CAS on a substantive matter. It concentrates on whether the procedural rules were adhered to. Hmmm......

Based on our press releases, unless I have missed something, we are unhappy with the procedural fairness, not FFP. I think the club are not that bothered about FFP, as such. We are now in a financial position where we can be very competitive and not have to worry about compliance with FFP.

Can we even be sure that UEFA want to punish us? Maybe this is playing out to a beneficial endgame for both ourselves and UEFA, giving the impression to some influential clubs - maybe they are the only parties who want to see us punished - that the process has been exhausted.

Based on our press releases, unless I have missed something, we are unhappy with the procedural fairness, not FFP. I think the club are not that bothered about FFP, as such. We are now in a financial position where we can be very competitive and not have to worry about compliance with FFP.

Can we even be sure that UEFA want to punish us? Maybe this is playing out to a beneficial endgame for both ourselves and UEFA, giving the impression to some influential clubs - maybe they are the only parties who want to see us punished - that the process has been exhausted.
Agree with this.
I get the feeling that the lower UEFA committee that looked into the case had a strong feeling that we broke FFP but couldn't prove it hence they kicked it up the line to the main ruling committee.
The leak from wherever it came could have been to put political pressure on UEFA to find us guilty.

Agree with this.
I get the feeling that the lower UEFA committee that looked into the case had a strong feeling that we broke FFP but couldn't prove it hence they kicked it up the line to the main ruling committee.
The leak from wherever it came could have been to put political pressure on UEFA to find us guilty.

The Investigatory Chamber referred it to the Adjudicatory Chamber on the last possible day before UEFA's own 5 year deadline for reopening old cases expired. City already stated that the process was curtailed which indicates that City's 100 page dossier which they claim exonerates the club wasn't even looked at. All done with indecent haste and without following due process. It stinks.

I was speaking to a friend of mine who worked for the police. We were discussing about us being looked for FFP breaches. What he said to me is what I already knew. That if this went to a court off law, there would be no way that UEFA would be able to use the hacked e-mails, to prove their point about us breaking FFP, as all the e-mails would be thrown out of court and couldn't be given as evidence, as this would be considered as fruit of the poisonous tree as they say in the law courts. We would also have a very good case to charge them with theft, even though they didn't do it themselves.
Oh my fucking god. You’re fucking doing it a-fucking-gain.

Was your “cop friend” (who we are absolutely sure really exists) based in Switzerland and fully versed in Swiss law or was this figment of your 12 year old imagination also based in the United States?

The Investigatory Chamber referred it to the Adjudicatory Chamber on the last possible day before UEFA's own 5 year deadline for reopening old cases expired. City already stated that the process was curtailed which indicates that City's 100 page dossier which they claim exonerates the club wasn't even looked at. All done with indecent haste and without following due process. It stinks.

Let's be honest everything connected to UEFA stinks - why should this be any different ?

My understanding of it is they don't need to use any of it, the club is not being and can't be re-tried for FFP. We are be being charged with lying essentially and they don't need emails for that. All they have done is ask questions of the club based on some media reports and decided they weren't happy with the answers.It's their competition, their rules so they can decide who gets to play and who does not.

This is were it gets messy and probably the reason the club sound so confident is there doesn't appear to be set rules as such about lying, even if they don't believe the club (which they clearly don't) then its unclear what they can actually do. I'm probably in a minority here in having sympathy for UEFA, on one side they have a club saying we done nothing wrong but on the other side they have probably 10 traditional European power houses saying they need to made an example of them to maintain the status quo. It's easy to say they should ignore them but these club's have the power to end UEFA, we could the them in knots for 20 years but we don't have the power on our own to end the organisation. As bullish as everyone on here is the part that concerns me most was the line in the review about using facts or not, you wouldn't mention not using facts unless you were worried that's what they will do.
His words were something along the lines of 'if any investigation was based on anything other than facts then that would be another conversation entirely'. It was a definite broadside that if they're going to accuse us of something they'd damn well better have facts to back it up and not just the odd, out of context, stolen email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.