UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We appeal, CAS decide FFP is unenforceable, and the whole thing collapses or we get a far more watered down punishment along the lines of a fine and reduces squad size for Europe.

Reactions: dom
Which is the better competition the Premier League or the Champions League?

No disputing which one it is, I for one do not give a toss about the corrupt wrongly named purely for TV fiasco that is the Chumps.

I know the Club feel differently so I hope they come out with all guns blazing, but whatever happens I am a Blue today and will remain one intil the day I die.

My initial reaction to this is one of pure shock and despair. My stomach is churned up and I feel sick. I just want to give up on football. Pep will leave, players won’t want to sign for us, we’ll have to suffer the jokes and chants from opposition and the press. It’s just fucking awful!!
Hahaha, you’ll catch a few with that.

If we don't get it over turned at CAS, I'm sure City will turn to other courts. The club statement refers to turn to CAS "in the first instance", which rather implies that they won't stop there.

Time to take the gloves off.

Undoubtedly time to take the gloves off. However, I just don’t see any Court or Body overturning a decision that will now be lauded non-stop as a triumph of “fair play” over “dirty oil cheats”. We are going to be vilified beyond all endurance. If you want a prediction it’s that CAS will reduce the sentence to a 1 year ban, leaving us still stinking of shit and forcing us to turn to the judiciary in Switzerland, the home of football.
Don’t get me wrong, FFP, this decision, all of it is a bent charade, but the media has ensured that we have already been tried in the court of public opinion, and there will be zero enthusiasm from anyone outside of this forum to exonerate us. There’s been a lot of naivety on here (particularly post Sam Lee and his bollocks), but the reality is that a panel of rag and dipper stooges at UEFA, was never going to care about anything other than protecting “their” clubs from big bad City. Were those individuals personally accountable, it might have been different, but they ain’t. They don’t give a shit about UEFA’s future any more than they do ours.
And doubtless the media witch hunt will now be extended to stripping us of our domestic trophies

UEFA considers that City have committed "serious breaches" of the FFP regulations by "overstating its sponsorship revenues" between2012 and 2016. Am I correct in believing that this is the first time any doubt about City's accounts for this period have been raised? Am I correct in believing that UEFA declared City (and PSG) to be released from all penalties in 2015 because of the club's conformity to the FFP regulations? I presume UEFA have informed the club which sponsorship deals have been overstated and what information has proved this. My opinion is that if UEFA are not on rock solid ground they are in serious trouble. Not only will they have to make their case in CAS they can expect action in the commercial courts against them by the club but also by some heavyweight sponsors who will be feeling mightily aggrieved. This is in addition to examinations of process and procedure employed by UEFA and the personnel involved. UEFA are playing a very risky game and a strategy of hoping that a very heavy sanction may persuade City to take another pinch - if that is what UEFA intend - will not work. I still feel, though, that CAS will save UEFA's bacon by upholding City's appeal that the procedure was so flawed that the verdict cannot be upheld. The question then will be whether City are prepared to push for punitive damages... What do you think the mood in Abu Dhabi is at the moment?
They are almost accusing the accountants and auditors of fraud as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.