UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is thrown out on a technicality, that still leaves the issue of City's image being tarnished. The solution should be either:

a) Sue for damages wherever possible, explaining why the allegations were false to a real court, a panel that decides a verdict by the facts laid out, rather than the outcome dictated by secret(or not so secret) allegiances with connected entities(G14).
b) Counter the Der Spiegel articles with the truth laying out exactly where they lied/made mistakes. Pay a top journalist to come look at it and take him through what all of it means.

Some people will still ignore it even if City prove it but as long as enough sensible people, who's heads aren't up their own arses accept the truth when they see it, it will slowly but surely erode some of the damage done.
This is what City should do once the case has been thrown out by CAS. As UEFA will have broken the agreement that City & UEFA came to previously, the full truth of changing the FFP compliance spreadsheets after we submitted our accounts should also be made public, preferably to financial journalists.

It was rhetorical but I am genuinely surprised that no one in the UK has attempted to tell what is clearly a fascinating story. The skullduggery behind the battle between City and UEFA is a better story than "our owners are evil." For example the article in the New Yorker about Louis Pinto was excellent. I haven't seen Pinto interviewed anywhere else.
Not all UK journalists are biased against City (though some clearly are). This whole saga just shows how shit the British media has become. They just don't have the resources to investigate this properly and a lot of the younger reporters are just gullible.

Great read that. Certainly shows why FFP coverage is so headline-grabbing and dull at the same time. The meat on the bone is overlooked.

Money above all. “Money scores goals,” as the German saying goes.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/...aks-is-exposing-corruption-in-european-soccer

Much is stating the obvious but it has more journalistic wash and backing than anything on a British tablois these days. Sam Knight doesn't do too bad.

“Between clubs, it’s not only that we don’t trust each other,” a director of a top European club told me. “We betray each other constantly.”

Certainly covers third party onership, the original Footy Leaks, Ronaldo's mispleasures of late, priestly refs...

However, I read the author's next article and it wasn't as deep. It did feature sentence rarely seen in UK papers.

Since the summer of 2017, Liverpool, the underdogs, have paid more than four hundred million dollars in transfer fees to acquire new players.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/lett...ccer-is-damned-and-thrilling-at-the-same-time

I agree with Sam Knight and Pinto's conclusion. I think no matter what happens with UEFA, FFP and backtracked investigations, football needs to see rules and reforms in action. Otherwise, a European Super League will happen - or the Cash League will close for new nominations.

He is convinced that the game is in a bubble, after which it will be reformed by strict spending rules and other changes to make it more competitive.

Alexander Čeferin, “Football is the only European product which is the best in the world in its field by some distance,” he told Der Speigel.

Yes. It sells papers and fuels debate.

Last edited:
City should employ the best Private Eye company in the World to dig up the Skeletons in The Swamp, Munich, Madrid and Barcelona.
Wasn't it an ex MD at the Swamp who had a passion for Call Girls.
You see where I'm going with this.
I don't think MOSAD would be willing to help, however, other agencies may be.

Is all this sh1te affecting our transfer dealings? ie clubs like Barca telling potential signings that we are to be banned?
I firmly believe that that has been much of the point of this.
Certainly the timing of them wading into us as soon as the season was over.
From a domestic view, they (the red tops) don't want us strengthening again.

It is somewhere else in this thread but essentially the FBI led the investgiation into FIFA because, amongst other things, some of the bribe money was paid and laundered in US dollars. The man arrested was Chuck Blazer who then became a whistleblower but he died (of natural causes!) before he faced court.

This was more or less the official reason, but the motivation behind it IMO was a bit of geopolitical mudslinging by the US against Russia and their World Cup bid. Which was obviously corrupt but I imagine the Feds thought they could find a lot more embarrassing material in that.

If I remember correctly, weren't the FIFA offices that were raided and the individual(s) arrested a few years ago in New York? I know FIFA isn't UEFA but I'd imagine they have some ties. City had nothing to do with all of that but it makes sense that a lot of people involved in all the corruption would be New York based. Or I know fuck all, which is true too, to some extent. :)

FiFA having offices in New York isn't a surprise. I think linking FIFA being raided by the FBI and anything to do with UEFA is pointless and liable to do nothing more than mislead.

If it is thrown out on a technicality, that still leaves the issue of City's image being tarnished. The solution should be either:

a) Sue for damages wherever possible, explaining why the allegations were false to a real court, a panel that decides a verdict by the facts laid out, rather than the outcome dictated by secret(or not so secret) allegiances with connected entities(G14).
b) Counter the Der Spiegel articles with the truth laying out exactly where they lied/made mistakes. Pay a top journalist to come look at it and take him through what all of it means.

Some people will still ignore it even if City prove it but as long as enough sensible people, who's heads aren't up their own arses accept the truth when they see it, it will slowly but surely erode some of the damage done.
regarding the tarnished image I dont think there is anything we could do.... The damage is done, maybe the only way would be to blow FFP apart for what it is, let the general football fan know why it's there, and how its in everyones interests to end it.

Or maybe just pull out of thte thing.... I mean a competition that can be won by teams who havent ever won their domestic title is a bit of a joke tbh..... "Champions" my arse. We dont need the money, in fact it would mean we could splash the cash like the big boys and not worry. Our press dept could get the message out there on exactly how much of an advantage, quantifiably, is given to the big teams with FFP, so we're not playing anymore.

UEFA's FFP process compliance is so shoddy with this re-investigation, I have a funny feeling that some people in UEFA have done this on purpose so that the case fails.

This is what City should do once the case has been thrown out by CAS. As UEFA will have broken the agreement that City & UEFA came to previously, the full truth of changing the FFP compliance spreadsheets after we submitted our accounts should also be made public, preferably to financial journalists.

You're assuming that UEFA have broken an agreement. Is there something that makes you think they have (I haven't seen anything one way or the other)?

Unless the club think laying out what happeend will help them, I think they'll shut up about the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.