UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure even if we’re 100% guilty of what we’re accused of, we’ve not broken any criminal laws.. we will have just tried to circumnavigate some dodgy (possibly illegal) UEFA financial regulations. We’ve not commited bribery, extortion or tax fraud so if the very worst happens there will be no police or CPS involved .. or at least there won’t be any involved looking at what we’ve done
Exactly this, I'm sure the mafia etc have an internal code of practice that its members conform to with their own justice for those not conforming.
CAS are checking this with a hope for arbitration. We have got past the stage of trusting any of UEFA rules or decisions so are simply going through procedure and will follow up legally if that is needed.

Just an opinion.

One thing I will say regarding the report mentioning how CAS operates as independent from uefa.

When Leterme was putting through the details of the PSG case, the case he reported in favour of the Qatari owners, it was the CAS chairman José Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues, that was totally livid that the report was done in a way to exonerate PSG from wrong doing

When Leterme effectively put our report through you can bet that José Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues was not going to allow another high profile club get off with it.

This is just food for thought and a conspiracy theory - what if because of PSG and the Qatari owners getting away scot free, that we were offered up on a plate as which to punish ?

We know that the smear campaign has the hands of Qatari involvement along with others involved

As @Norbiton points out, Rodrigues is head of the Adjudicatory Chamber of UEFA (and the CFCB of UEFA as a whole, I think).

As I understand it:
Leterme's Investigatory Chamber (IC) assess/collect evidence and make a recommendation to the Adjudicatory Chamber (the IC have an upper limit of what they can put down as a punishment themselves, about €100k, I think).
The Adjudicatory Chamber panel (3 of the 5 members) then assess the recommendation and what they're given.

My understanding is that the AC can only assess what they're given, but I've not heard anything to suggest that Rodrigues has any personal opinion on City - he was annoyed that Leterme had apparently unilaterally signed off on the dubious PSG sponsorship valuation, and sent it back to the IC.

My Dad often tells me that Allison had said we would terrify Europe.
Always remember them kicking lumps out of City, each player would bow their heads in shame with hands behind back, little finger wag by the ref, only to trot off unpunished and repeat offence . Typical spoiling tactics. Nothing changes.

Last edited:
My Dad often tells me that Allison had said we would terrify Europe.
Yes but he was 12 months early. It was much easier to win the European Cup in those days with a lot of weak teams in it and a lot less games to play. The hard bit was qualifying by winning your own league. Our team in 68/69 was well capable of winning that trophy but just under-performed. United won it in 68 with a poorer team than us plus George Best (who to be fair was brilliant before he went into rapid decline).

Yes but he was 12 months early. It was much easier to win the European Cup in those days with a lot of weak teams in it and a lot less games to play. The hard bit was qualifying by winning your own league. Our team in 68/69 was well capable of winning that trophy but just under-performed. United won it in 68 with a poorer team than us plus George Best (who to be fair was brilliant before he went into rapid decline).

And, of course, united had home advantage in the final.

I do wonder if part of our evidence will involve proving that pressure was put on the IC and AC from inside UEFA, hence rendering their claim of independence to be completely without foundation and that the investigation and our punishment were completely politically motivated and manipulated. That, for me, would be the one thing that would account for our complete confidence that we're innocent.

As @Norbiton points out, Rodrigues is head of the Adjudicatory Chamber of UEFA (and the CFCB of UEFA as a whole, I think).

As I understand it:
Leterme's Investigatory Chamber (IC) assess/collect evidence and make a recommendation to the Adjudicatory Chamber (the IC have an upper limit of what they can put down as a punishment themselves, about €100k, I think).
The Adjudicatory Chamber panel (3 of the 5 members) then assess the recommendation and what they're given.

My understanding is that the AC can only assess what they're given, but I've not heard anything to suggest that Rodrigues has any personal opinion on City - he was annoyed that Leterme had apparently unilaterally signed off on the dubious PSG sponsorship valuation, and sent it back to the IC.
I read the AC rules. They can call for additional evidence over and above what the IC submits. Did they do this in our case? Did extra evidence explain the increase in the sanction? We may never know.
Incidently, the AC habit of not releasing their reasoning for their decision while an appeal is pending is a little odd. Justice seen to be done?

I read the AC rules. They can call for additional evidence over and above what the IC submits. Did they do this in our case? Did extra evidence explain the increase in the sanction? We may never know.
Incidently, the AC habit of not releasing their reasoning for their decision while an appeal is pending is a little odd. Justice seen to be done?

doesn't mean they get it. Which means Leterme can send any old shit to them, we look guilty, they ask us for additional evidence, we refuse to co-operate so based on what they have we look banged to rights, plus we refuse to assist them, maximum penalty.

Newcastle fans must surely now understand as well. The media is doing everything it can to undermine the Saudi takeover with one spurious reason after another. This simply would not be happening if, as previously predicted, the Saudis were trying to purchase United.

I think most of us see the 'journalists' like Miguel Delaney or Richard Keys for what they are. They've a dog in the fight.

I think it's fair that Kashoggi's widow and Amnesty international use the spotlight to get their causes into the public consciousness. But I'm not having Delaney demanding Newcastle fans boycott and protest, when he's quite happy to take Saudi (and ex-KGB) money, when he's quite happy for his beloved Man Utd to have a business relationship with the Saudi regime. I'm not having Keys use his platform to act as a propaganda mouthpiece for his paymasters either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.