UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had anyone thought about how you will feel towards the club if we exhaust all options and are still found guilty? I don't mean towards the manager or the team but towards khaldoon,soriano and our owner

Yep. That they shoulda fought it in 2014.

Had anyone thought about how you will feel towards the club if we exhaust all options and are still found guilty? I don't mean towards the manager or the team but towards khaldoon,soriano and our owner

If we are found guilty, going to get pissed for a week, to mask the pain.

Found innocent, going to get pissed for a week, to celebrate.

Probably get pissed every week between now and the verdict, to calm the nerves.

Excessive drinking is vastly underrated in my humble opinion.

And any verdict won't change my opinion of the club. I was born a blue, it's like family, you have the good times and the bad.

It's not a court. We won't be "guilty" of anything. It will be that our interpretation of the rules was held to be wrong in the view of the CAS arbitrators.

If CAS find that UEFA's sanction is justified I'll be disappointed but I'll know that it was imposed because the club did it because FFP was in place, seemingly to prevent us achieving what we have in the last 10 years. We did what we had to do, like the householder who stabs the burglar in his house and goes to jail for it.

It's not a court. We won't be "guilty" of anything. It will be that our interpretation of the rules was held to be wrong in the view of the CAS arbitrators.

If CAS find that UEFA's sanction is justified I'll be disappointed but I'll know that it was imposed because the club did it because FFP was in place, seemingly to prevent us achieving what we have in the last 10 years. We did what we had to do, like the householder who stabs the burglar in his house and goes to jail for it.
If we were to lose it would feel like the Wife has strayed from Me a second time ( the 1st I couldn’t quite prove ) & that I can’t forgive.
Serious heads would have to roll as the trust would have gone.
That being said, I have always believed that we would win this & the holistic approach I bought into will not have been misplaced !

The current owners are merely custodians of our club until they leave, therefore it will have absolutely no impact on my love for the club...

Yes, I thought that too.

I don`t know if UEFA`s Article 53 is relevant but here it is and it looks like UEFA could re-open our case?

Article 53 - Reopening of proceedings

1 On request, the competent disciplinary body reopens proceedings where a party or UEFA claims to have new and substantial facts or evidence that it was unable to provide before the decision became effective.

2 An application to reopen proceedings must be addressed to the disciplinary body that took the contested decision within 14 days of the grounds for review coming to light, and no more than four years after the decision in question became effective.

3 Cases related to doping, fraud, bribery, corruption or match-fixing offences are not subject to the above limitations and can be reopened at any time.

I looked again at this for another question - A53 comes from the Disciplinary Regs - there is no equivalent in the CFCB regs. A2 of the Disciplinary Regs specifically says those rules dont apply to CFCB/FFP - "These regulations apply to any breach of UEFA’s Statutes, regulations, directives or decisions, with the exception of any breach of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations which may be penalised by the Club Financial Control Body in accordance with the Procedural rules governing the UEFA Club Financial Control Body."

So it definitely doesn't apply. I think its also an argument that there is no re-opening in the CFCB - if there was meant to be a rule about re-opening it would be there.

They have been after city for years. It looks like they may finally have them. If City, according to UEFA, have broken 'their' rules, which on the face of it has been constructed to ultimately exclude City, then they get my full support.

For city fans to blame city is what they and the media want. We see that dont we?

The owner and senior management have overseen the most successful period in the club’s history and it’s all happened in my lifetime.
Whatever the outcome of this farce they will always have my eternal gratitude for what they’ve helped us achieve.

They have been after city for years. It looks like they may finally have them. If City, according to UEFA, have broken 'their' rules, which on the face of it has been constructed to ultimately exclude City, then they get my full support.

For city fans to blame city is what they and the media want. We see that dont we?
I've read this post six times and I still don't know what you're trying to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.