UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will go with Forbes for this one.

Manchester City was found guilty of two charges: of falsely inflating sponsorship revenues when making submissions as part of the Financial Fair Play (FFP) compliance process; of breaching regulations by failing to cooperate in the investigation of the case by the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB).
Fred Karno is taking a few lads on, get your CV in Bob lad you’d be perfect.

Breaking the FFP rules that all clubs entering European competition agree to.

Edit: apologies for using the word guilty, as projectriver as pointed out on a few occasions guilty or innocent isn't the correct description.

They are going to have to prove City's audited account's are false on the say-so of few stolen out of context emails. Etihad themselves have confirmed the money came from them.

Yes, who found them guilty... a biased organisation who made the rules and changed the rules after a few years which scuppered city’s ability to meet the new criteria.

I can quote that you are found guilty of ignorance.. that is the court of me.

Breaking the FFP rules that all clubs entering European competition agree to.

But we adhered to the rules - even checked with UEFA, and they actually assured us that we were abiding by the rules... then UEFA changed the rules.

Let's put it in a simple term, even you might understand...

Say you're on the motorway doing 70mph... quite happy with yourself, because you know the speed limit and you've been checking your speedo, to make sure you haven't exceeded the speed limit...

...then you get pulled over by the police, they give you a fine and 6 points on your licence for speeding – you plead your case because you know you didn't go over 70mph, only for the police to inform you they'd changed the speed limit to 55mph – you'd feel that was unfair I dare say!

Now, apply this to the CAS case... it's the equivalent of the police coming round to your house and trying to fine you again for the offence your paid for years ago.

What utter bollocks... firstly, there is zero comparison between our case and two cases of racism – you then spout rubbish about the Suarez/Evra incident... no proof? Suarez admitted what he said, but claimed it isn't meant in a racist way!

As for thinking we're guilty and saying most neutrals think we are... I wonder why... couldn't be because a highly biased media, who pander constantly to Liverpool and United, have slanted their articles to say we are is it? Or UEFA, who are renowned for their integrity and honesty.
Enlighten us - why do you feel we're guilty, what proof do you have to back up your opinion?

The facts of the Suarez incident are irrelevant to the point I was making. The poster I replied to asked about how the case is viewed outside your "bubble". My reference is the Suarez incident is a comparison between both sets of fans, both are adamant, unequivocal, 100% certain, whatever word you want to use for not entertaining any other outcome than innocent. There was/is no doubt among the support base where as other clubs supporters are looking on thinking your bonkers.

But we adhered to the rules - even checked with UEFA, and they actually assured us that we were abiding by the rules... then UEFA changed the rules.

Let's put it in a simple term, even you might understand...

Say you're on the motorway doing 70mph... quite happy with yourself, because you know the speed limit and you've been checking your speedo, to make sure you haven't exceeded the speed limit...

...then you get pulled over by the police, they give you a fine and 6 points on your licence for speeding – you plead your case because you know you didn't go over 70mph, only for the police to inform you they'd changed the speed limit to 55mph – you'd feel that was unfair I dare say!

Now, apply this to the CAS case... it's the equivalent of the police coming round to your house and trying to fine you again for the offence your paid for years ago.
He knows. He's being a wum and stirring the pot.

The facts of the Suarez incident are irrelevant to the point I was making. The poster I replied to asked about how the case is viewed outside your "bubble". My reference is the Suarez incident is a comparison between both sets of fans, both are adamant, unequivocal, 100% certain, whatever word you want to use for not entertaining any other outcome than innocent. There was/is no doubt among the support base where as other clubs supporters are looking on thinking your bonkers.
You’re

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.