UEFA FFP investigation - Other PL clubs appeal to CAS to prevent City playing in Europe (p 2581)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. projectriver

projectriver

The more of this that UEFA knew before the settlement the harder it is for any of UEFA's arguments to work. From what I can see, they disbelieved (or disagreed at best) with City's analysis (as they did with many other clubs), did their own calculations, showed City they had breached and decided to settle the matter with the agreement and a monitoring period/settlement regime. Not one article, journalist, source etc has yet identified what the City have actually been charged with or how it differed from matters covered in the settlement agreement and settlement regime.

Last edited: 25 Feb 2020
  2. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

And all while their full financials remain hidden in the Cayman Islands where no one can scrutinise them properly.

Dave S likes this.
  3. Metalartin

Metalartin

I don't agree with that, the fact that they knew what was already declared as related party income, makes it easier for our arguments to work because we can dismiss half of the arguments in that tweet. They don't just take a club's word for it, we have a revenue and we show where it came from and it has to add up. There's no hiding millions extra being paid into the Abaar type deals I would have thought. Everything has to be shown to be coming from somewhere and they check for that surely? What I read was, we did overpay some of those deals but they spotted that immediately in the first review and all that was settled in 2014 thus nothing to do with the investigation or what City are accused of. City have stuck to the agreed value for those deals since then, as far as I know.

ADUG paying into Etihad would be a different matter(which I don't believe happened), but the value of Etihad deal would remain the same in the accounts. Unless I'm missing something.

Last edited: 25 Feb 2020
  4. BluessinceHydeRoad

BluessinceHydeRoad

I agree with what you say the IC at least is a disgrace - and I don't think you'd find anyone - fan, official or anyone else - who would trust anyone at UEFA as far as they could throw them BUT we can't prove that AC didn't consider our submissions or that they took into account the concerns CAS expressed. As projectriver said, we have to do better to prevail.

5. I'm no cynic but...

I'm no cynic but...

In which case interested parties could drip feed money into the rags accounts to protect each others interests, not that I would suggest that has ever happened....... but.

bobbyowenquiff and Dave S like this.
  6. projectriver

projectriver

I've made my original reply clearer. I think we agree. I mean harder for UEFA not for City.

Metalartin likes this.
  7. I'm no cynic but...

I'm no cynic but...

And that's why we have enrolled a £20k per day lawyer.

8. mancity2012_eamo

mancity2012_eamo

Team supported:
    Us.
    Thanks.
    Only getting back in here now. Hectic in work.

9. Metalartin

Metalartin

Oh, my mistake.

10. mancity2012_eamo

mancity2012_eamo

Team supported:
    Us.
    You should all stay out of Twitter.
    Bad for your mental health.