Uefa plans third European club competition from 2021

I never understood why they stopped the third European competition The Cup Winners Cup.

Every club dreams of a European tour. If more teams get that experience, the better.

The logistics worry me and the effect on the league fixtures. They'll want exclusive TV coverage of it. Does that mean the end of televised Monday night/Friday night matches?

I think it will be a good thing. It will be a matter for the fixture fixers.

Reactions: mat
i just don't get what uefa are playing at with another competition ?? 5 clubs from england got into the champions league a couple of seasons ago and 3 or 4 in europa league, so how many more teams they want playing in europe and on what night ????

be very aware and scared of uefa and there plans and what the so called members are up to here ?? and the premier league need to keep looking behind there shoulders for next thing european football being played on weekends and a uefa super league taking over and a new breakaway league in place, united are done with english football and the premier league and they now want a super league and will stop at nothing and being a front runner on the uefa board they are now going to move the goal posts

They had one didn't they. the Inter-nono Cup? I don't see the reason for bringing it back when it was a lukewarm tournament before they canned it inititially.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.