UEFA Super Cup - Seville (N) | Wed 16th Aug - 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread (pg112)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just wondering if you would recommend Piraeus. I am looking at apartments in the Port area, close to the Cruise Terminal. Is that a good area ? Thanks

You will be totally fine there mate. I have recommended central areas like Monistiraki, Plaka, Gazi, Kolonaki, Thiseio, purely as they are near the historical sites, good eateries and easy access for beers. Just watch out for the usual pickpockets in these areas.

Piraeus you will be fine, especially near the port area, also the 2 marina areas of Pasalimani and Mikrolimano. Easy access to the stadium here and also an easy Metro link into central Athens too.

Please guys, avoid Omonoia, Exarchia and Viktoria. Think of a hybrid of Cheetham Hill and Las Ramblas in a Piccadilly Gardens location, then times that by 100. It's a 24 hour operation at times between undesirables and armed police. The locals don't even venture here, especially after dark, Brits will be like sitting ducks here for theft and worse. You rum fuckers who want ladies of the night, go in groups and expect a good shakedown. Pay the extra few quid and stay in the aforementioned areas.

Last edited:
You will be totally fine there mate. I have recommended central areas like Monistiraki, Plaka, Gazi, Kolonaki, Thiseio, purely as they are near the historical sites, good eateries and easy access for beers. Just watch out for the usual pickpockets in these areas.

Piraeus you will be fine, especially near the port area, also the 2 marina areas of Pasalimani and Mikrolimano. Easy access to the stadium here and also an easy Metro link into central Athens too.

Please guys, avoid Omonoia, Exarchia and Viktoria. Think of a hybrid of Cheetham Hill and Las Ramblas in a Piccadilly Gardens location, then times that by 100. It's a 24 hour operation at times between undesirables and armed police. The locals don't even venture here, especially after dark, Brits will be like sitting ducks here for theft and worse. You rum fuckers who want ladies of the night, go in groups and expect a good shakedown. Pay the extra few quid and stay in the aforementioned areas.
We have a Hotel booked in Moschato. Is that area ok.

We have a Hotel booked in Moschato. Is that area ok.

I don't envisage you having any issues there. Working class area, and similar to nearby Paleo Faliro which I know a few blues are staying in. Perhaps just expect a bit less English to be spoken around there and less to choose from by way of bars for drinks.

You have plenty of shops there and the nearby Flisvos marina which is nice for a walk and nice beaches just to the East of here. The 2 other marinas of Mikrolimano and Pasalimani aren't too far away either.

I don't envisage you having any issues there. Working class area, and similar to nearby Paleo Faliro which I know a few blues are staying in. Perhaps just expect a bit less English to be spoken around there and less to choose from by way of bars for drinks.

You have plenty of shops there and the nearby Flisvos marina which is nice for a walk and nice beaches just to the East of here. The 2 other marinas of Mikrolimano and Pasalimani aren't too far away either.
Thanks for the great information. Sounds just what we want and we have an early start on Thursday to fly back to Kefalonia.

Thanks for your info.
I have cancelled my initial booking at Omonia and got an alternative at Paleo Faliro.

Ticket bought - dead simple process.
Now UEFA - just organise the logistics properly.

Reactions: Ric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.