UEFA Super Cup - Seville (N) | Wed 16th Aug - 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread (pg112)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyway, i think i opened a post about the supercup last month i think. or i wrote a post.

go to izmir..stay there....
then to pire....

if anyone choose this option mail me.. i will come to izmir for a few to drinks...

Thanks, Kerem. You were spot on regarding Fatih. I wasn't aware that a City fan was stabbed there, hope he is okay. The general rule of thumb is if it's the cheapest option in a major city, there is usually a reason why. My family based in Athens cannot believe the thought of City fans in Omonia. Keep asking questions if unsure, guys. I am happy to steer on recommendations.

This could also be a viable option for those yet to book, and with plenty of time on their hands. Fly to Izmir, Turkey and get the ferry to Piraeus. Food and accom will be much better value for money in Turkey, but depends if you have the time for transit.

Thanks, Kerem. You were spot on regarding Fatih. I wasn't aware that a City fan was stabbed there, hope he is okay. The general rule of thumb is if it's the cheapest option in a major city, there is usually a reason why. My family based in Athens cannot believe the thought of City fans in Omonia. Keep asking questions if unsure, guys. I am happy to steer on recommendations.

This could also be a viable option for those yet to book, and with plenty of time on their hands. Fly to Izmir, Turkey and get the ferry to Piraeus. Food and accom will be much better value for money in Turkey, but depends if you have the time for transit.
I would back that up. Stayed in Izmir before the final and was great. Loads of bars, well cheap and the locals were really friendly.

Going on the Monday,Flying out from Manchester then back to Birmingham Friday with train home.
I have decided to stay near the Monistraki Metro and close to the main sites after looking at this for about a week now.
Most seem to be staying in Piraeus which I understand.
Fingers crossed the metro is running after the match, if not its walk back to the hotel which it says is 90 minutes.
Hey Ho, after jumping off the coach back to the stadium in Istanbul after he toured Turkey that walk home was 30-40 minutes to Fatih.

Going on the Monday,Flying out from Manchester then back to Birmingham Friday with train home.
I have decided to stay near the Monistraki Metro and close to the main sites after looking at this for about a week now.
Most seem to be staying in Piraeus which I understand.
Fingers crossed the metro is running after the match, if not its walk back to the hotel which it says is 90 minutes.
Hey Ho, after jumping off the coach back to the stadium in Istanbul after he toured Turkey that walk home was 30-40 minutes to Fatih.
The metro will be running - it is normally for Olympiakos European games.

hahahah hey.... i sent that post in may after 17th i think. a video about "fatih".. i told you guys, dont stay there. and a guy ( he is right by the way, maybe i was a scaremonger) called me that word.
and the thing is,
only one incident happened in istanbul :)) in fatih. a city guy stabbed in "fatih". on friday 9th.in a pub or sonething like that...:))
on saturday i was in nevizade again. there were policeman there
i asked them "have you heard anything about the city guy who stabbed in fatih"
the answer was. "it is fatih. what were they expecting" :))))
anyway
cheers manchester.... good luck in super cup
Karem I was the one who called you a scaremonger. It wasn't about the information you were supplying it was that video. The info was appreciated by a lot of us on here. We got City shirts for 5 euros each thanks to you. The video in my opinion was not necessary. If you think that Fatih is an unsafe, dodgy area it's good of you to say.

If the weather remains the same in Southern Europe, is there any chance this will be off? Most of the tourist monuments are closed currently because of the heat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.