UEFA Super Cup - Seville (N) | Wed 16th Aug - 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread (pg112)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think city will sell out their allocation for Athens. I have a ticket, going out for little holiday and watch the game. It’s certainly not cheap. Staying in Piraeus.

Am assuming you are aware that many people are skint, and this country as a whole is absolutely on its arse due to 13 years of Tory Govts? Personally Id love to go but it just is not financially viable. Istanbul for me and my 2 sons cost around £2.5k and that was trying to do it on a budget. People are on holidays in August, or trying to pay for them, and football fans do not have a bottomless pit of £. Our club may be rolling in money but large sections of the fanbase arent!
This and the fact that flights are an absolute joke . If there were direct flights at a reasonable price from Manchester more fans would undoubtedly make the trip . The UEFA shambolic organisation in Istanbul has also put a lot off , seriously hot conditions no water or toilets and transport issues are a combination for disaster. UEFA just don’t learn or care about fans . I’m sure many who make the trip will have a great time but there are so many red flags about this trip after the Istanbul fiasco.

hi everyone,

Where is everyone flying to from Manchester?

There seems to be no direct flights to Athens

Manchester to Brussels then to Athens on the Monday. Cost £48 not sure the price now
Several Ryanair flights Manchester Brussels return around £50 . Brussels Athens return around £300 but crap flight times ( early / late ) .

Am assuming you are aware that many people are skint, and this country as a whole is absolutely on its arse due to 13 years of Tory Govts? Personally Id love to go but it just is not financially viable. Istanbul for me and my 2 sons cost around £2.5k and that was trying to do it on a budget. People are on holidays in August, or trying to pay for them, and football fans do not have a bottomless pit of £. Our club may be rolling in money but large sections of the fanbase arent!

I'm sure some Tory ****'s reply to this would be "get better jobs" haha.

hi everyone,

Where is everyone flying to from Manchester?

There seems to be no direct flights to Athens
There was but they cost £600 5/6 weeks ago, even looked a holidays back in May and still started around the same for the shortest times and none were suitable coming back Weds etc.

It was either going to cost a £1k or turn into some odyssey with 10 hours driving added, so thought it better to visit Ithaca on another occasion and pass.

Several Ryanair flights Manchester Brussels return around £50 . Brussels Athens return around £300 but crap flight times ( early / late ) .

The price to Brussels I had was £36 then to Athens 72 euro. So £108 between 2 of us
£54 in total but land at midnight. Staying til Friday though. Think the metro runs into the centre til 1:30am I read

The price to Brussels I had was £36 then to Athens 72 euro. So £108 between 2 of us
£54 in total but land at midnight. Staying til Friday though. Think the metro runs into the centre til 1:30am I read
£282 cheapest now Brussels / Athens . There are 2 airports in Brussels one of them ( Charleroi) is about 35 miles away from the city center . I booked the far out one by mistake last time I was there . Luckily they do a good shutle bus service to Brussels city center .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.