UEFA Super Cup - Seville (N) | Wed 16th Aug - 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread (pg112)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone planning on drinking near Monastariki (spelling)?

I recommend it, plenty of bars round there. This is where you'll also find the best gyros.

I said to @Selbyblue earlier I will go on a bit of a recce the week before the game and scope out some boozers and potential meeting places both in central and Piraeus.

Can’t go now realised my lad goes away with his mum the day after, I’ve 2 access codes for cat 2 tickets if anyone needs them.

@CarlosTevez'sEnglishTutor Do you have any idea whether there are any Metro trains from the stadium to the centre after 00.14 for the game?

Cheers

Very valid question and one that unfortunately I'm not going to be able to answer until closer to the game.

As it stands, it looks like all forms of rail transport from Piraeus to Athens stop by around half midnight during the week. I arrive the week before the game so we will immediately ask the staff at the main stations. The hope is that common sense will prevail and an extended Metro service will be put on through the early hours, I know this has been common in the past for concerts etc.

Everything is left until tomorrow in Greece so I don't think I'm going to be able to get an answer on this until very close to matchday. The other option to cover yourself is perhaps look at digs in Piraeus so at least you can get back home within around a 30 minute walk. I know that goes against a lot of advice I've given regarding possible central locations for accomodation. I will of course try to find out more on this but hopefully not another Istanbul on our hands.

@Alex - City Matters, apologies to namedrop you directly, but is this something you or a colleague could perhaps look into through the official channels, on our behalf? Presuming City and UEFA will be in dialogue over such matters. Thank you.

Just the 41 degrees and 37 at kick off time in next few days in Athens ! Saying that it’s 43 degrees in Seville so they will be used to it!

Sevilla should batter us if the weather holds up, the 2 frying pans of Europe. Saying that, I've been in Athens before in August and had cloud, rain and low temperatures so let's wait and see.

Very valid question and one that unfortunately I'm not going to be able to answer until closer to the game.

As it stands, it looks like all forms of rail transport from Piraeus to Athens stop by around half midnight during the week. I arrive the week before the game so we will immediately ask the staff at the main stations. The hope is that common sense will prevail and an extended Metro service will be put on through the early hours, I know this has been common in the past for concerts etc.

Everything is left until tomorrow in Greece so I don't think I'm going to be able to get an answer on this until very close to matchday. The other option to cover yourself is perhaps look at digs in Piraeus so at least you can get back home within around a 30 minute walk. I know that goes against a lot of advice I've given regarding possible central locations for accomodation. I will of course try to find out more on this but hopefully not another Istanbul on our hands.

@Alex - City Matters, apologies to namedrop you directly, but is this something you or a colleague could perhaps look into through the official channels, on our behalf? Presuming City and UEFA will be in dialogue over such matters. Thank you.
Thanks for that, I agree, you would think that common sense would prevail so fingers crossed. Cheers.

Hi mate, this in behind the main train station in Piraeus. I can promise you things won’t have changed since the 2014 photos, Greece are skint mate. You should be fine round here though despite the place needing a bit more than a lick of paint. You are close to the 2 marina areas of Pasalimani and Mikrolimano that I mentioned, nice round there and upmarket bars. Use the Piraeus station to gain access to the Metro for both Athens and/or the stadium further along in Piraeus. @Mifred, Piraeus is fine. Working class area in need of some redevelopment but safer than a lot of the central areas. Good and safe hotels by the main port and marina areas, and close to the stadium. Just expect to have more choice of drinking in central Athens around Monistaraki.

thank you @CarlosTevez'sEnglishTutor.

hopefully this apartment we have is actually what they say it is

Last edited:
Going on my own to this one.
Going Monday to Friday staying in the port area half an hour walk from the ground and a short tram ride to the centre.
Really looking forward to it.
Anyone else travelling alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.