UEFA Super Cup - Seville (N) | Wed 16th Aug - 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread (pg112)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve currently got free cancellation in both Piraeus and Monastiraki based on your advice. Thanks for all the info so far very helpful.

No problem mate, by no means am I a know-it-all but my intention is to help at least one person keep out of trouble and enjoy an authentic experience in Athens.

Anyone found flights or a decent route for a good price? Flights £400 upwards now.

Last edited:
If you’re prepared to wait around in airports you can get out on Monday, return Thursday for £275, but it’s long waits in various airports.
Yes there is flight Monday eve Manchester to Corfu (easyJet) £187 return . Early next morning Corfu to Athens £52 return .
I was going to use these flights but have decided against going now after a lot of deliberation.

No problem mate, I have reached out to a family member who has echoed exactly what I’ve said for the Moschato area. They have also said there are some working refugees housed here and nearby Kaminia, both working class areas.

Please do not take my comments on the thread as scaremongering, like people on the forum accused @kerem gokmen of pre-Istanbul. I am an apolitical Brit with extended family who live there. Greece, and Athens in particular, is a very homogenous society with a lack of diversity. It is not the same as UK and Western Europe where the majority of us live together happily. Prime example being the NBA player, Giannis Antetokounmpo, was born and raised in Athens to Nigerian parents. He was treated like shite his whole life and not allowed citizenship; the Greeks only want to claim him now that he is a famous star. Even families from other European countries are not widely accepted within their society or offered citizenship.

Greece has been through an unprecedented economic crisis in the last 10-15 years compared to the rest of Europe. Unvetted people arrive there and there’s not a great deal the government can do about it, they are at the mercy of the rest of the EU due to restrictions, crippling debt, and internal corruption. The face of the country will change over the coming decades as they won’t pay their debt off this side of the 21st century, the wider affluent society of Greece will probably never return. Their population is decreasing by the year, with younger generations fleeing in their droves in search of education and opportunities elsewhere.

The Omonia, Exarchia and Viktoria areas have a predominantly African and Asian immigrant population, the local government try to keep it that way. It’s not like our cities where everybody mixes well, there are not many second and third generation immigrants in Athens. Poverty and hostility are high in these areas; people are desperate and have different social norms. Avoid these areas if you want to keep hold of your shit and have nothing bad happen to your Mrs. There are deep-rooted social issues there that we cannot control as outsiders, it would be awful to see City fans caught up amongst that by wading into the wrong area in search of a cheap hotel or bar.
hahahah hey.... i sent that post in may after 17th i think. a video about "fatih".. i told you guys, dont stay there. and a guy ( he is right by the way, maybe i was a scaremonger) called me that word.
and the thing is,
only one incident happened in istanbul :)) in fatih. a city guy stabbed in "fatih". on friday 9th.in a pub or sonething like that...:))
on saturday i was in nevizade again. there were policeman there
i asked them "have you heard anything about the city guy who stabbed in fatih"
the answer was. "it is fatih. what were they expecting" :))))
anyway
cheers manchester.... good luck in super cup

hahahah hey.... i sent that post in may after 17th i think. a video about "fatih".. i told you guys, dont stay there. and a guy ( he is right by the way, maybe i was a scaremonger) called me that word.
and the thing is,
only one incident happened in istanbul :)) in fatih. a city guy stabbed in "fatih". on friday 9th.in a pub or sonething like that...:))
on saturday i was in nevizade again. there were policeman there
i asked them "have you heard anything about the city guy who stabbed in fatih"
the answer was. "it is fatih. what were they expecting" :))))
anyway
cheers manchester.... good luck in super cup
by the way, (my granddad is from tselonika greece, ataturk is from there)
my brothers and sisters from manchester:
we have a kind a joke in turkey; it is like something lile that

"what do you call a turkish guy who is christian"= "greek" (by the way that is true... not a joke)
we are the same actually....:)))

anyway, i think i opened a post about the supercup last month i think. or i wrote a post.

go to izmir..stay there....
then to pire....

if anyone choose this option mail me.. i will come to izmir for a few to drinks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.