UK far right trouble July/August 24

O shit it's on fire now ffs scum

Apparently they've had police drones filming so hopefully they'll be able to catch a fair few beyond the morons who've actively filmed themselves. Don't know what those caught will be charged with, but it has to be more than bog standard public order offences surely?

People questioning police tactics-it’s been covered here numerous times:

The training is to stand in lines with shields. Occasionally moved forward a bit, occasionally back.

You are wearing cumbersome protective kit under those overalls. The helmet squashes your ears, you can’t hear the radio properly and the visor steams up.

You have a long stick.

Sometimes you will see ‘snatch squads’ move between the lines to grab individuals they target and arrest them-but its really important officers don’t break the lines, otherwise you can easily get isolated.

You have consider staffing-every time you arrest someone that’s your serial gone, then you’re queued up in custody waiting to get your prisoner booked in. Plus you have to think of cell space-especially at weekends cell blocks can run at 80%+ capacity in normal times.

So it’s a case of standing there and taking everything thrown at you-and hope they get bored and go home.

Remember the majority of these officers are taken from the frontline so people reporting crimes that need an officer will be waiting days and days.

I think they have been incredibly brave. They will be scared ant times and absolutely exhausted working long shifts in that kit in this heat.

Just guessing but in reality the police can only keep this up for a few more days.

Keir Starmer was exactly right to call this out as actions by the far right.

What upsets me personally is realising just how prevalent racism is in society and it’s not only made me think about my use of social media but also look twice at some friends and wonder…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.