UK far right trouble July/August 24

Which is partly why in a lot of these 'populist', authoritarian regimes, the educated and intellectuals often end up imprisoned or killed.

It's also why the JSO protesters are looked down on so much. Admittedly they did some stupid annoying things, but nothing long-term or fear-inducing. Their reason were at least based on science, rather than what a few gobshites told them.
Do you mean like families missing the funerals of loved ones? Or maybe patients with cancer and serious heart conditions missing their medical appointments? Or maybe you mean the overall cost of the protests running into the millions? Yeah, nothing serious, just stupid and annoying...

Do you mean like families missing the funerals of loved ones? Or maybe patients with cancer and serious heart conditions missing their medical appointments? Or maybe you mean the overall cost of the protests running into the millions? Yeah, nothing serious, just stupid and annoying...

Yeah fair points, I worded that badly.

They probably didn't directly make people fear for their lives like many facing these riots, but would have had serious impacts for some certainly. I think I may have voiced something about the thoughtless of the JSO protests at the time, especially with regards to those needing to attend hospital appointments (including myself, but nothing so serious), but ironically forgot about that now.

Reactions: PPT
Well said, but what do we do?? Who will lead us. I’ve watched this decline and it infuriates me. They are dividing us again, what can the ordinary people do?
We could riot and loot Greggs.

Seriously, as Britons, we employ that famous 'stiff upper lip' too much. Perhaps that's a strength, but you could also see it as a weakness in certain circumstances. We should be more visibly vocal about this stuff and make our feelings known (forcefully but peacefully), rather than just writing letters to the Guardian.

We could riot and loot Greggs.

Seriously, as Britons, we employ that famous 'stiff upper lip' too much. Perhaps that's a strength, but you could also see it as a weakness in certain circumstances. We should be more visibly vocal about this stuff and make our feelings known (forcefully but peacefully), rather than just writing letters to the Guardian.
Trouble is mate, and I know they’re not everyone’s cup of tea (mine included) but when non violent protesters are going down for 5 years, what are you going to do?
There’s more outrage over a tin of paint thrown over a painting or a statue than there is about starving kids and that litany of failure you so perfectly encapsulated in your earlier post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.