UK far right trouble July/August 24

Liz Truss GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY
I'd never seen that before, fucking hilarious!

Trouble is the opinions behind it will still be bubbling in the background.

Facism grows where people are thrown into poverty or are disolutioned, it has majorly flared up in places where indusrty and investment has died and public services vanished, defeating will need proper investment in housebuilding, youth and adult services, creating jobs and not austerity and desolute town of boarded up shops and unmaned police stations etc.
And, if Starmer and Reeves keep pretending that government spending is the same as household spending and line up austerity 2, which seems to be where they’re going, it’ll only get worse. Not only that, we’ll have the very real prospect of a Farage led government in 5 years, which would be an absolute catastrophe, especially for the people who vote for it….

I do wonder if it will ever dawn on those who have been rioting etc (especially those sat in their prison cells), that they have merely been utilised as ‘useful idiots’ by the leaders of the Far Right.

I don't think most would even know the meaning of far right.
just thick plebs that get a buzz from throwing bricks at police and smashing stuff.

It is incredible, how much slow and steady progress made over 50+ years against prejudice in western societies, has been so quickly reversed in less than 10.

It will take a long long time just to get us back to where we were, not that long ago, never mind moving forward.

Ah take in mind one thing, this user on X called "based pensioner" is to a degree somewhat representative of some of his demographic too.

Dude is for real, no bot this time.

Which is to say, he wont be around forever, a fair number of them wont be. I'm always reminded that in real life many elders came usually out as the most staunch anti-immigration advocates. Like many, a person confused by modernity and not up to "being with the times".

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.