UK far right trouble July/August 24

Small company, their speed of making profit is much more slower than the Banks or stock markets.
So you give them money ,they get the money ,and spend it out.
The money will flow back into the banks.
In my understanding, UK's economy is driven by financial industry, the banks. And you have a strong link to the US, the Fed is the source of all the money in the world. They are printing money, and they have great power to "hold" the money. High technology, Google, facebook, twitter, spacex, microsoft, ibm, Boeing, AMD, Nvidia whatever.
But what does UK have? I don't know. UK may have some industry, but not too much.
Nothing can hold the money, it runs too fast.
The price will be too high. Inevitable consequence of the "industrial hollowing out".

For me, "speed of profit" is a poor reason not to support a company that could employ people. Just my opinion as profit is profit. In essence, what you're saying is more, fast and bigger profit as quickly as possible. That's what's killing the employment market. Just my opinion, of course.

And, as a kind of link to that, the "industrial hollowing out" was a choice made by Govs that thought it was better for us to be a nation of servitude... which turned out to be very low paid and disrespected.

Funny that...

For me, "speed of profit" is a poor reason not to support a company that could employ people. Just my opinion as profit is profit. In essence, what you're saying is more, fast and bigger profit as quickly as possible. That's what's killing the employment market. Just my opinion, of course.

And, as a kind of link to that, the "industrial hollowing out" was a choice made by Govs that thought it was better for us to be a nation of servitude... which turned out to be very low paid and disrespected.

Funny that...
I think Germany's economy mode is better. But anyway, easier said than done.

But, if Germany did it, why would it be easier said...?

Britain was a nation of industry and technology before that was destroyed.
They are more pragmatic, realistic. I don't know which word is more accurate. But that's the impression.
When UK is busy with "value", Germany is setting up factories all over the world.
Difference in mindset.
We(in the east asia) always try to learn from Germany...It's an interesting phenomenon.

I agree, it is tricky. A lot of it is subjective. Who decides what is and isn’t offensive though. If you have a bit of common sense it’s pretty obvious to spot clear racism or someone inciting violence, but in some of these cases thats not clear at all.

15 months in prison for sharing a Facebook post! Is crazy. There are violent offenders who don’t get that much time.

it feels a bit like the book 1984.
For comparison, the following people were jailed for six years for soliciting murder.

toon1.jpg

Another at the demo got 4 years for stirring up racial hatred. And I could easily downplay this by saying "6 years just for writing some words on a sign and chanting a few slogans."

And as the sentences were read out, outside the court was a small protest of around 40 Islamists who were claiming Islam was "under siege." Maybe they even used the phrase "two-tier justice system". You see extremists can never accept the consequences of their actions and always think they're the victims.

It’s a tricky one isn’t it. A woman from Cheshire was jailed for 15m today for a FB post.

Had to laugh at the judge yesterday questioning the right of the defendant to speak about tax payers money when he had been locked up about 14 times and cost the tax payer a fortune!
Just looked this up. Absolutely brilliant.

Judge Robert Linford then rounded on Cann telling him that according to his police interview he discussed with them "about the better use of taxpayers' money and why people were having to pay to keep these people in this country after committing such heinous crimes."

Judge Linford then launched a stinging rebuke to Cann saying: "So let's look at how the taxpayer have been funding your activities over the last 38 years - let's see what you've cost the country: you've got 10 aliases, four fictitious birth dates, you're 51 years of age, you've been convicted of 170 offences, you been convicted of theft, arson, taking cars, handling stolen goods, obtaining by deception, burglary, dangerous driving and possessing bladed articles. In all over the years that you've been visiting the criminal justice system you've received sentences totalling 357 months in prison, many of them concurrent.

"In other words, nearly 30 years. That Mr Cann is what you've been costing this country and you sit there in that interview and saw fit to be critical of others. You have no right whatever to say who should or should not be in this country."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.