UK far right trouble July/August 24

I agree, it is tricky. A lot of it is subjective. Who decides what is and isn’t offensive though. If you have a bit of common sense it’s pretty obvious to spot clear racism or someone inciting violence, but in some of these cases thats not clear at all.

15 months in prison for sharing a Facebook post! Is crazy. There are violent offenders who don’t get that much time.

it feels a bit like the book 1984.

It’s not crazy at all.

Flip what she said round. If a Muslim bloke was posting publicly a call to burn people alive in churches, they’d be arrested and probably charged with terror offences, and rightly so.

I agree, it is tricky. A lot of it is subjective. Who decides what is and isn’t offensive though. If you have a bit of common sense it’s pretty obvious to spot clear racism or someone inciting violence, but in some of these cases thats not clear at all.

15 months in prison for sharing a Facebook post! Is crazy. There are violent offenders who don’t get that much time.

it feels a bit like the book 1984.
I have to agree, I fear that the judges have been leant on politically and have been advised to give out very heavy sentances as a deterant. Which im not particularly cimfortable with as the judiciary should be completely removed from politics. Sending someone to jail for 15mths for a face book post just doesn't seem proportionate to me. A shorter sentance or possibly a community service order would seem more appropriate.

Burgulars and people who assault others and actually ruin people's lives get 15mth sentences in the UK.

I would like to add that I have absolutely no sympathies for the people posting this crap.

I have to agree, I fear that the judges have been leant on politically and have been advised to give out very heavy sentances as a deterant. Which im not particularly cimfortable with as the judiciary should be completely removed from politics. Sending someone to jail for 15mths for a face book post just doesn't seem proportionate to me. A shorter sentance or possibly a community service order would seem more appropriate.

Burgulars and people who assault others and actually ruin people's lives get 15mth sentences in the UK.

I would like to add that I have absolutely no sympathies for the people posting this crap.
You fear? It’s completely obvious they have

I’ve got a really bad feeling that more and more civil unrest is on the horizon. A combination of an ever increasing gap between rich and poor, chronically underfunded services not being able to help people, people wanting help with everything and feeling entitled and social media and the press blaming all problems on immigration. A lot of people I have interacted with recently bring up immigration at every opportunity. Social media is getting very nasty. Woke this woke that, two tier this.

Racist brute in sickening attack on lone black man during far-right protests

The one that attacked the SWP look-a-like in piccadilly gardens going for 3 years and 2 months of His Majesty's room and board

30 years old and already over 50 offences.

Clearly a drain on society, just put the **** down.

I’ve got a really bad feeling that more and more civil unrest is on the horizon. A combination of an ever increasing gap between rich and poor, chronically underfunded services not being able to help people, people wanting help with everything and feeling entitled and social media and the press blaming all problems on immigration. A lot of people I have interacted with recently bring up immigration at every opportunity. Social media is getting very nasty. Woke this woke that, two tier this.

You missed out Far Right agitation to make life hard for the new Govt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.