UK far right trouble July/August 24

I agree with pretty much everything you've said on this thread but to be fair we've no idea what this girl's parents are like. They may well be wrong 'uns of course, but they could also be good parents who are horrified about what's happened as not all bad behaviour from children is down to bad parenting. Once kids set foot outside the front door, their parents might not have any idea what they're up to. As so often happens, she could've got in with the wrong crowd and got swept along with it all.

Yes we shouldn’t jump to conclusions but if I were a betting man I know what I’d be guessing the parents were like.

Last edited:
Funny enough Clacton didn't spring to mind.

You posted about sending asylum seekers to the “picturesque villages who voted reform”.

They didn’t, shit decaying downs full of FOCs who were lied to and voted Brexit did.

If anything the shires are prime Lib Dem territory.

Some harsh (good) sentences being handed out, 3 years for assaulting a police officer for example. Does anyone know when the 2 thugs from Manchester Airport will be up before the bench?
I agree that if you commit crimes such as assaulting a police officer you should face jail time, but some of the examples are a bit ridiculous.
https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/...rker-jailed-sharing-offensive-facebook-posts/

8 weeks for sharing some Facebook posts. It’s very subjective and there are criminals and people who do post racist material that don’t get jail time.

At this rate we will need to build about 100 new prisons. Someone will post something thinking it’s not offensive and potentially end up in jail.

Unless I’m wrong, the two thugs you mentioned who battered the police haven’t even been charged yet.

What happened to the idea that, instead of paying benefits and/or tax credits to low-paid workers, we pay them properly and employers can claim credits against business rates? Obviously it needs controls against fraud, and artificial depression of profits - and a limit on how much owners pay themselves - but could it work for SMEs, especially start-ups?

I agree that if you commit crimes such as assaulting a police officer you should face jail time, but some of the examples are a bit ridiculous.
https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/...rker-jailed-sharing-offensive-facebook-posts/

8 weeks for sharing some Facebook posts. It’s very subjective and there are criminals and people who do post racist material that don’t get jail time.

At this rate we will need to build about 100 new prisons. Someone will post something thinking it’s not offensive and potentially end up in jail.

Unless I’m wrong, the two thugs you mentioned who battered the police haven’t even been charged yet.
It’s a tricky one isn’t it. A woman from Cheshire was jailed for 15m today for a FB post.

Had to laugh at the judge yesterday questioning the right of the defendant to speak about tax payers money when he had been locked up about 14 times and cost the tax payer a fortune!

It’s a tricky one isn’t it. A woman from Cheshire was jailed for 15m today for a FB post.

Had to laugh at the judge yesterday questioning the right of the defendant to speak about tax payers money when he had been locked up about 14 times and cost the tax payer a fortune!
I agree, it is tricky. A lot of it is subjective. Who decides what is and isn’t offensive though. If you have a bit of common sense it’s pretty obvious to spot clear racism or someone inciting violence, but in some of these cases thats not clear at all.

15 months in prison for sharing a Facebook post! Is crazy. There are violent offenders who don’t get that much time.

it feels a bit like the book 1984.

I agree, it is tricky. A lot of it is subjective. Who decides what is and isn’t offensive though. If you have a bit of common sense it’s pretty obvious to spot clear racism or someone inciting violence, but in some of these cases thats not clear at all.

15 months in prison for sharing a Facebook post! Is crazy. There are violent offenders who don’t get that much time.

it feels a bit like the book 1984.
It's not crazy at all. She suggested all mosques should be burned down with Muslims inside; she's a hateful cow, 15 months is warranted. Fed up of people posting despicable comments online and thinking they can get away with it. If she'd have shouted the same thing on the street with a megaphone she'd have been arrested on the spot. But then people like this are cowards, aren't they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.