UK far right trouble July/August 24

Is this actually true? I always thought they had to base in on the amount you actually work, not what it says in your contract. As in an average of the previous X months, whatever that is.

ETA: Yeah just looked it up. Your holiday pay is calculated based on the average of the previous 52 weeks. So you can't have someone on a 16 hour contract, make them work 40, and then only pay them 16 hours when they're on holiday.
That is correct.

Is this actually true? I always thought they had to base in on the amount you actually work, not what it says in your contract. As in an average of the previous X months, whatever that is.

ETA: Yeah just looked it up. Your holiday pay is calculated based on the average of the previous 52 weeks. So you can't have someone on a 16 hour contract, make them work 40, and then only pay them 16 hours when they're on holiday.

I know because of my previous role as a union rep and the fact my wife and daughter work for national retailers on 16hrs contracts. What grinds my gears is that the taxpayer does not understand the extent to which we are baling out businesses by paying their employees in work benefits - eg Tesco made £2.3bn in profits last year - the CEO Ken Murphy had a pay increase from £4.4m to £9.9m - and we subsidise the low pay of those he employs. Ken's no muppet though - he gets paid via Tesco Ireland so he pays lower income tax there and fuck all here.

I have to agree, I fear that the judges have been leant on politically and have been advised to give out very heavy sentances as a deterant. Which im not particularly cimfortable with as the judiciary should be completely removed from politics. Sending someone to jail for 15mths for a face book post just doesn't seem proportionate to me. A shorter sentance or possibly a community service order would seem more appropriate.

Burgulars and people who assault others and actually ruin people's lives get 15mth sentences in the UK.

I would like to add that I have absolutely no sympathies for the people posting this crap.

Nah.

Prison sentences act as a deterrent to stop others repeating the same offences.

Look how quickly the riots died off when people were being sent down.

The sort of thing you suggest would just leave the scum thinking there are no repercussions.

What happened to the idea that, instead of paying benefits and/or tax credits to low-paid workers, we pay them properly and employers can claim credits against business rates? Obviously it needs controls against fraud, and artificial depression of profits - and a limit on how much owners pay themselves - but could it work for SMEs, especially start-ups?
You probably answered your own question towards the end there

Nah.

Prison sentences act as a deterrent to stop others repeating the same offences.

Look how quickly the riots died off when people were being sent down.

The sort of thing you suggest would just leave the scum thinking there are no repercussions.
The government handled it brilliant to be fair

some of these people who "just got caught up in stuff " really have a chequered past. His brief tried the "he is on the autistic spectrum " as a defence - its odd when a person of colour goes down a mental health strategy the Right are all over it as bull shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.