UK far right trouble July/August 24

Our nation has always been patriotic, but not nationalist, there is a distinction and its important.

Also take in historical context then, we had the largest empire that has ever existed, does that makes us nationaists, no, but if does fuel patriotsm in an historical context. today for instance is Trafalgar day, when in 1805 our Admiral Nelson died on HMS victory whilst the fleet won a victory against the Spanish fleet.
I appreciate your perspective but nonetheless disagree. I was in Spain a few years back visiting my old bud, obviously like most ex pats he was hanging out with a bunch of Brits, the superiority complex they all had over the locals made me sick to my stomach. Not sure if this addresses what you’re saying but it was way more than patriotic, it was really embarrassing. Everyone of them thought they were Ronny Biggs, little bit norty but can’t talk about it nudge nudge, maybe I’m missing your point and have had too many beers but way beyond patriotism. Anyhoo, thanks for coming back and posting, always interested to read what you have to say

I appreciate your perspective but nonetheless disagree. I was in Spain a few years back visiting my old bud, obviously like most ex pats he was hanging out with a bunch of Brits, the superiority complex they all had over the locals made me sick to my stomach. Not sure if this addresses what you’re saying but it was way more than patriotic, it was really embarrassing. Everyone of them thought they were Ronny Biggs, little bit norty but can’t talk about it nudge nudge, maybe I’m missing your point and have had too many beers but way beyond patriotism. Anyhoo, thanks for coming back and posting, always interested to read what you have to say
Shut it gun boy. We invented your country.

Just joking, love ya Dirky

Our nation has always been patriotic, but not nationalist, there is a distinction and its important.

Also take in historical context then, we had the largest empire that has ever existed, does that makes us nationaists, no, but if does fuel patriotsm in an historical context. today for enter instance is Trafalgar day, when in 1805 our Admiral Nelson died on HMS victory whilst the fleet won a victory against the Spanish fleet.
Orwell sums it up well as do you. I do think though that once life gets better for most then that right wing narrative will lose steam.
Trouble is I don’t see that happening any time soon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.