Ukraine v England | Euro 2020 Quarter Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Statistically you are right but give any England manager the route they had had to the semis in both tournaments and I would imagine the majority would do the same.

He’s been a very fortunate England manager and I don’t think the success he has had in stats has anything to do with his managerial ability.

He’s clearly a nice guy and watching the behind the scenes clips at St George’s Park it’s clear he’s created the first positive England bubble since Euro 96 so he deserves credit for that.
Don't underestimate the effect of creating a positive bubble. This is clearly a group of talented players and they have underperformed in the past. By getting a positive vibe in the team they are more likely to play to their abilities. He may not be a tactical genius but there is more to being a good manager than just tactics - it's a package of things and he's getting at least some of them right.

Take the fucking handbrake off, play one holding mid and five attack minded players. 3-0 England, just do it Gareth let's entertain

Pickford, Walker, Shaw, Stones, Maguire, Phillips, Foden, Mount, Grealish, Sterling, Kane.
Think your holding midfielder there (Philips) has a fair bit of attacking intent. They would need to be careful not to overcommit and get caught on the break. I do fear a bit of complacency here ("Lads, it's Ukraine...").

But also it really makes you think how much England have underperformed historically.
It's not coincidence that England's only major tournament win was on home soil and that if they win the Euros all bar one match will have been at Wembley - and that one against the weakest opposition. A major tournament win away from home is needed to take England into the levels of a true footballing superpower, Brazil for example won all their five WCs on foreign soil.

Can't argue with the results so far but fuck me it's hard work watching it. Still believe we'd get the same results with a more attacking selection. Would be a crime to waste this great opportunity by being too defensive.

I love watching repeats of Raheem’s goal from last night, and I doubt I'll ever tire of watching it.
He seems to be getting a bit more credit for his performances from the media, although the comments sections still contains plenty of groundless whinging about Raz. Many of them seem to give more credit to Shaw's assist ignoring the fact that it was Raz's forceful run that started the move initially.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.