Ukraine v England | Euro 2020 Quarter Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should be straighforward. I think hell go back to 4-3-3 but still 2 holding mids and stifle ukraine like other games. Would hope to see foden at least but i think mount will come in and grealish will replace saka.

Should be straighforward. I think hell go back to 4-3-3 but still 2 holding mids and stifle ukraine like other games. Would hope to see foden at least but i think mount will come in and grealish will replace saka.
I think your probably right, think it will be a Grealish, Kane, Sterling front 3, but I'd love to see Foden playing as a 10 in that line up.

Ukraine switched from a 4-3-3 in most of their group games to a 3-5-2 yesterday. I don't think we necessarily need to match their shape like we did against Germany though. I think Southgate will revert to a 4-3-3 with Trippier dropping out for Mount:

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Maguire
Shaw

Rice
Phillips
Mount

Saka
Kane
Sterling

This is what I think he'll do, rather than the team that I would pick

I think there is a good chance Foden and Mount come in to the 433 and Trippier and Saka drop out.

Joke isn't it. They're like sheep believing all the hate they read. Literally media zombies.

Before the tourney - Southgate is shite
Get out of groups - Southgate lucky
Beat Germany - Southgate boring footy

What next in this self fulfilling prophecy?
They will still be people moaning even if we go all the way

Some Engerland fans are like Gollum.

"Must defend the precious..."

No one can criticise a team wasted by a championship standard manager and an FA who will back him to the hilt because he does as he's told by them.

Tbh I don't think there's any system where Southgate could include our best attacking players from the beginning.

We have no midfield. Same problem as always. We have really useful defensive midfielders and a small army of super talented attacking midfielders, but nobody to control the play centrally. We also don't have any fullbacks that are particularly adept at tucking into the midfield.

Southgate can play all the top talent he's got, but they're not getting the ball too easily. Expect Stones to have 1000 passes by halftime. It makes you realise how spoilt we are at City with Rodri, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Zinchenko and players like Bernardo and Cancelo too who can all pack a midfield.

His best bet is keeping tight (albeit in a maybe less defensive way against Ukraine) and if it's still level just bombard them with top tier attacking players with fresh legs.

Southgate may not be great but fortunately I'm not too convinced by most of the other managers at the tournament either.

Ukraine switched from a 4-3-3 in most of their group games to a 3-5-2 yesterday. I don't think we necessarily need to match their shape like we did against Germany though. I think Southgate will revert to a 4-3-3 with Trippier dropping out for Mount:

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Maguire
Shaw

Rice
Phillips
Mount

Saka
Kane
Sterling

This is what I think he'll do, rather than the team that I would pick
I reckon the yellow card situation will finally split up the Rice/Phillips partnership. Suspect it may well scupper Foden's chances of starting too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.