UK's first active male professional footballer to come out publicly as gay

Gay, straight, bi? Who cares?!

BUT, does he track back?!

And, fwiw, why is it males have a problem with their sexual identity, yet most professional female athletes who are lesbians have no trouble, or stigma at all?!

Men need to have a good look at themselves and their ridiculous insecurities.

And, fwiw, why is it males have a problem with their sexual identity, yet most professional female athletes who are lesbians have no trouble, or stigma at all?!

Correct, and I had a good look at myself. Does my hair look a bit thin on top? :(

Because being sporty, particular in team sports, is part of the stereotype of being gay for women. Basically a female footballer coming out as gay is like a man in the fashion industry doing likewise. I had a lesbian friend who played football and she said they had this new girl join who was about 15 and her dad was worried that she'd be 'turned lesbian'. It's easier for women in sport to come out as gay, because female sports are a more welcoming and inclusive environment.

Because being sporty, particular in team sports, is part of the stereotype of being gay for women. Basically a female footballer coming out as gay is like a man in the fashion industry doing likewise. I had a lesbian friend who played football and she said they had this new girl join who was about 15 and her dad was worried that she'd be 'turned lesbian'. It's easier for women in sport to come out as gay, because female sports are a more welcoming and inclusive environment.

Is it still a teammate thing? I would have though that footballers in a group pretty much know the sexual orientations of everyone else and, generally speaking, wouldn't care, much like society as a whole doesn't care in the "mature" countries. So maybe it's a wider society issue, and it's more a fear of the abuse someone will get from the fringes of society if their minority sexual preferences are known?

Just putting it out there. Haven't given it a great deal of thought, as you can probably tell.

I see “being sporty…stereotype” and a “because…” as it relates to women, but none of that addresses the REAL problem with men, which is?

I think it’s because men see physicality as sexuality, and such physicality Is on open display in a men’s dressing room. We see it even in regards to health clubs and swimming pool locker rooms.

It’s a little juvenile to believe that because someone else is gay they might “fancy” you or be staring at you in the dressing room “community.”

Indeed, one of the primary fears of prison for many people is that of being forced into homosexual acts against their will.

Men seem to have an innate fear of homosexuality, as if they’re susceptible to being the object of someone else’s desire…or is it that they might like it?! :-)

Men physical, women emotional???

brave lad. Though maybe Czech is a bit more progressive than other former Soviet bloc eastern countries?
Good on him. Hopefully it’ll encourage more players to feel confident to come out.

Did you not see the Chelsea rent boy chant thread the other week?
Actually you may not have seen it as the Mods decided to take it down given a good deal of inappropriate content it contained?

Didn't even see it mate! Bloody hell I sound like Wenger and Jose. I must have logged on when it got swiped

Talk of a group of players in the Bundesliga planning to come out on May 17th, the last weekend of the season in Germany and also International Day Against Homophobia.

There's been reports like this in the past, that a player is planning to come forward, only for nothing to happen. Worth taking with a pinch of salt. But don't remember reports of an entire group getting ready.

Talk of a group of players in the Bundesliga planning to come out on May 17th, the last weekend of the season in Germany and also International Day Against Homophobia.

There's been reports like this in the past, that a player is planning to come forward, only for nothing to happen. Worth taking with a pinch of salt. But don't remember reports of an entire group getting ready.

The sooner it’s normalized, the better for everyone. I couldn’t imagine living in an open prison of bigotry in my chosen profession, and just because of the nonsensical insecurities of my teammates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.