ULEZ

bluethrunthru

The death knell for London? Was listening to the radio this morning and a coach company faces left out of their yard and 100m and into the ULEZ at a cost of £100 per day. Right and they are fine. The answer is don't turn right no coach trips into Central London they employ fewer drivers and City Centre London gets fewer visitors.
A van hire company bought new vans 3 years ago and were told they would then have 6 years to adapt - that 6 year gap was brought forward and now they face writing off 1/4 million pounds worth of vans. Good news for them is TFL will give them £3k towards the scrapping of a £15k value van OR they can sell outside London get full value and just move the perceived pollution to Bristol or Derby . We do need to tackle pollution but are we going about it in remotely the right way? I doubt it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47815117

Utter bullshit to suggest it’s anything to do with pollution. If it was, why not just ban all non compliant vehicles? No, it’s the £200m that will pay for another crossrail budgeting fuck up. £100 a day for a non euro 6 truck to drive into that shithole?
Sooner or later mr Khan will ban all trucks and deliveries will be made by transit van. And one artic carries the same as 40 transits. Best of luck to anyone crawling through traffic when that happens.

The death knell for London? Was listening to the radio this morning and a coach company faces left out of their yard and 100m and into the ULEZ at a cost of £100 per day. Right and they are fine. The answer is don't turn right no coach trips into Central London they employ fewer drivers and City Centre London gets fewer visitors.
A van hire company bought new vans 3 years ago and were told they would then have 6 years to adapt - that 6 year gap was brought forward and now they face writing off 1/4 million pounds worth of vans. Good news for them is TFL will give them £3k towards the scrapping of a £15k value van OR they can sell outside London get full value and just move the perceived pollution to Bristol or Derby . We do need to tackle pollution but are we going about it in remotely the right way? I doubt it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47815117
The issue with all of these great schemes that councils bring in is that the people paying for it is the everyday punter.
If the coach company has to pay £100 to enter the ULEZ then the customers will have to pay that between them, say an extra £2 per person (plus VAT) for a 50 seater coach.

For the delivery vans it will be the recipients of the goods who will then have to pay and that will passed on to the customers again, and at each level HMRC take their VAT cut.

Who the fuck needs to drive in central London?
Me, after travelling to London on numerous occasions toward the end of the season I thought I would save money by driving for the FA cup final. Two cars, six people, £15 each in diesel and a hostel for £30 a head. Cheap trip to London sorted.
Was it fuck, I have just received two £80 fines, one for each day.
I knew nothing about it, neither did the other driver (who also got fined) but worse still my mate lives in London and he knew nothing about it either.
I feel like I have been mugged.

Utter bullshit to suggest it’s anything to do with pollution. If it was, why not just ban all non compliant vehicles? No, it’s the £200m that will pay for another crossrail budgeting fuck up. £100 a day for a non euro 6 truck to drive into that shithole?
Sooner or later mr Khan will ban all trucks and deliveries will be made by transit van. And one artic carries the same as 40 transits. Best of luck to anyone crawling through traffic when that happens.
I won't have a bad word said about Khan. He's great. He's a Muslim too didn't you know, we never get that pointed out to us..

Fucking up London since 2016

Me, after travelling to London on numerous occasions toward the end of the season I thought I would save money by driving for the FA cup final. Two cars, six people, £15 each in diesel and a hostel for £30 a head. Cheap trip to London sorted.
Was it fuck, I have just received two £80 fines, one for each day.
I knew nothing about it, neither did the other driver (who also got fined) but worse still my mate lives in London and he knew nothing about it either.
I feel like I have been mugged.
What is the fine for? I'm guessing driving in a bus lane or parked in a box junction whilst lights were on red??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.