ULEZ

I won't have a bad word said about Khan. He's great. He's a Muslim too didn't you know, we never get that pointed out to us..

Fucking up London since 2016

You have my sympathies buddy. Your mayor seems more interested getting his picture in the national press and taking pot shots at Donald Trump than sorting out the capitals pressing issues. How he manages to keep a straight face while claiming this is to do with pollution is worthy of an Oscar.
Here’s a plan; why not ban all traffic on a Sunday? That’d reduce pollution by 5-10% at a stroke. Still got the tube and the overground to get about, and cyclists could enjoy a safer cleaner environment. Don’t imagine it’ll raise much cash though...

Sorry, I didn't know the acronym ULEZ either. Been a while since I've drove in London. I hate the place.
The annoying thing is I fuckin love the place. I go down there regularly with city (don't drive usually) and stay over at my mates in Clerkenwell, it's a great excuse to see my mate and have a night out in London.
I hate the snidey way they have done this, I did not see any signs anywhere and neither did anybody else in our group. How are you supposed to know? Like I have said I feel like I have been mugged.

The annoying thing is I fuckin love the place. I go down there regularly with city (don't drive usually) and stay over at my mates in Clerkenwell, it's a great excuse to see my mate and have a night out in London.
I hate the snidey way they have done this, I did not see any signs anywhere and neither did anybody else in our group. How are you supposed to know? Like I have said I feel like I have been mugged.
As a tourist London is great. Working there is a complete ball ache. 5 years ago I got a lucrative contract working in central London installing 4G as a subbie to EE. Money was great but my stress level went through the roof driving to site in a morning. Most telecoms are on buildings and some sites don't have parking, so unloading my van was a nightmare I didn't want to be in. We( 3 man gang) lasted 3 months before I told the company we were working for we were pulling out. We were offered an extra £150 per day but I bluntly refused the offer. A 220 mile 4am Monday morning start to be in central London for 8-30 to 9am, only to be confronted by an over zealous parking attendant trying to slap a ticket on my screen, as well as congestion charges, bus lane and box junction cameras everywhere. And now ULEZ. It's all a fuckin' big con to screw over workers trying to earn a few bob.

Shit hole.

As a tourist London is great. Working there is a complete ball ache. 5 years ago I got a lucrative contract working in central London installing 4G as a subbie to EE. Money was great but my stress level went through the roof driving to site in a morning. Most telecoms are on buildings and some sites don't have parking, so unloading my van was a nightmare I didn't want to be in. We( 3 man gang) lasted 3 months before I told the company we were working for we were pulling out. We were offered an extra £150 per day but I bluntly refused the offer. A 220 mile 4am Monday morning start to be in central London for 8-30 to 9am, only to be confronted by an over zealous parking attendant trying to slap a ticket on my screen, as well as congestion charges, bus lane and box junction cameras everywhere. And now ULEZ. It's all a fuckin' big con to screw over workers trying to earn a few bob.

Shit hole.
Nail on the head with your first sentence mate as long as you don't drive there. Anyway, lessons learnt ;-)

Me, after travelling to London on numerous occasions toward the end of the season I thought I would save money by driving for the FA cup final. Two cars, six people, £15 each in diesel and a hostel for £30 a head. Cheap trip to London sorted.
Was it fuck, I have just received two £80 fines, one for each day.
I knew nothing about it, neither did the other driver (who also got fined) but worse still my mate lives in London and he knew nothing about it either.
I feel like I have been mugged.
happened to me when I visited York(I think) some bridge you can only go over if you've got a packet of winegums balancing on your head whilst you whistle dixie,there was a sign they said,somewhere in Wrexham ,I got one going into York and another a couple of days later leaving fucking York,i did a bit of research and it seemed hundreds of thousands of people got caught as well,everybody between a certain date got their money back including me,love York for a visit but they can go and fuck themselves now I wont be going back the snide cunts

happened to me when I visited York(I think) some bridge you can only go over if you've got a packet of winegums balancing on your head whilst you whistle dixie,there was a sign they said,somewhere in Wrexham ,I got one going into York and another a couple of days later leaving fucking York,i did a bit of research and it seemed hundreds of thousands of people got caught as well,everybody between a certain date got their money back including me,love York for a visit but they can go and fuck themselves now I wont be going back the snide cunts
That's it, it's the snidey way they do it that pisses me off most. It is clearly a money making scheme that most people (myself included) haven't got the time or wherewithal to contest it.

Like someone else has said working in London is a fucking nightmare and even though I only have to do it two/three times a month it drives me insane. Driving is a ball ache but like the other poster I can have equipment with me most times so the train/tube option isn’t really an option. I’ve now got a hybrid as a company car (trying to be environmentally friendly/cut tax bills) but I believe even those are going to be punished by the ULEZ, it’s just full electric allowed. Might as well have just opted for a new diesel Merc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.