Unacceptable song

Skashion said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'm confused.

If I want to be a top blue, do I approve or disapprove of this little ditty?
Neither, you acknowledge it's a shit song and won't sing it, but the ivory tower section telling others what they can and cannot sing can fuck off.

so you've just told yourself to fuck off then, because you've just told GDM to acknowledge it's a shit song and not to sing it.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Skashion said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'm confused.

If I want to be a top blue, do I approve or disapprove of this little ditty?
Neither, you acknowledge it's a shit song and won't sing it, but the ivory tower section telling others what they can and cannot sing can fuck off.

so you've just told yourself to fuck off then, because you've just told GDM to acknowledge it's a shit song and not to sing it.
changeling2-500x368.jpg

Mdr said:
bluecitywugger said:
Let's play sitting musical statues for the full game and not move or utter a word. Don't give in football grounds need atmosphere. I agree some chants are risky but the majority aren't ........loud and proud Blues!!!!

There's an Irish rugby club, Munster, who are known for having incredibly passionate fans. Their home ground is a fortress and they travel better than anyone.
So much so that in an important match in their pool Saracens decided that the only way they could get an upper hand, knowing that the away Munster fans would out sing their own side, was to play music anytime the Munster fans started to sing. Not like it made much difference.
Saracens won the game in the end, but their fans were mortified, and complained to their own club. Can you imagine being that passionate, that loud that clubs resorted to that. I'd rather that any day over pointless offensive chanting.

And I would rather silence over some of the stuff that comes out at a game. And silence can be unnerving. One other thing these Munster rugby fans do is silence. They go silent when the opposition has a penalty as a sign of respect, but it's unnerving. Can you imagine taking a penalty kick in a ground that is dead quiet, not a sound. Just like around the 1.33 minute here. Respect and passion. Second to none.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX_-OSK-yMA[/youtube]

There's a difference between being "loud and proud" and just stupid..
People get taken over by this mob like thinking, singing things they'd never do in real life, you wouldn't walk into your office at work in the morning and say some of the things you've said and heard at a football match.
I think if you are happy to walk around in your regular 9-5, family time etc, and say these things that are sung in the chants, than that's just fine.
If it's not something you'd repeat at your workplace etc than there's something wrong with what's being said.
It's not a matter of being overly sensitive etc. It's just common sense. In my opinion. If you can't happily say these things in your real life then you have no business singing them at match.

We go to football to leave all that 9-5 bullshit, health and safety bollocks and political correctness shite for a few hours

It's an absolute shocker of a song, which I can honestly say I've never joined in with.

Minus the "City is our name" for a bit after half time there were some awful songs sung.

As two people have previously said, a group sung the Mancini song. I loved Roberto as much as the next man, but for fuck sake, it's completely disrespectful and a disgrace to sing it at the moment. Currently, that's sandwiched between people applauding Stephen Ireland (and then singing Ireland is superman) and Joe Hart vs Chelsea as the worst moments of the season.

I'm not one for the Balotelli song yet either - great song, but can't exactly do the strikers playing much help if we're singing about a striker that's not even been gone a year.

Kompany song - great as it is, why sing it when he's not playing?

mancityvstoke said:
fredmont said:
Skashion said:

There have been plenty of good suggestions for songs on this forum, how one as shit as this was chosen I've no idea. So shit it's embarrassing.
I'm sure the Sheik will appreciate it, should he visit.

Which great songs do you think he'll join in with?
سعاد ماسي - راوي

يا راوي حكي حكاية
مادابك تكون رواية
حكي لي على ناس الزمان
حكي لي على ألف ليلة وليلة
وعلى لنجة بنت الغولة
وعلى ولد السلطان
حانجيتك مانجيتك
دنا بعيد من هادي دنيا
حاجيتك ماجيتك
كل واحد منا في قلبه حكاية

حكي وانسى بلي احنا كبار
في بالك رانا صغار
حكي لنا على الجنة حكي لنا على النار
على طير عمره ما طار
فهمنا معانى الدنيا

يا راوي حكي كما حكوا لك
ما تزيد ما نقص من عندك
كاين نشفوا على بالك
حكي لنسينا في هاد زمان
خلينا في كان يا ما كان

liamctid said:
It's an absolute shocker of a song, which I can honestly say I've never joined in with.

Minus the "City is our name" for a bit after half time there were some awful songs sung.

As two people have previously said, a group sung the Mancini song. I loved Roberto as much as the next man, but for fuck sake, it's completely disrespectful and a disgrace to sing it at the moment. Currently, that's sandwiched between people applauding Stephen Ireland (and then singing Ireland is superman) and Joe Hart vs Chelsea as the worst moments of the season.

I'm not one for the Balotelli song yet either - great song, but can't exactly do the strikers playing much help if we're singing about a striker that's not even been gone a year.

Kompany song - great as it is, why sing it when he's not playing?[/quote]

And why sing it so quick? 100MPH start to finish

fredmont said:
سعاد ماسي - راوي

يا راوي حكي حكاية
مادابك تكون رواية
حكي لي على ناس الزمان
حكي لي على ألف ليلة وليلة
وعلى لنجة بنت الغولة
وعلى ولد السلطان
حانجيتك مانجيتك
دنا بعيد من هادي دنيا
حاجيتك ماجيتك
كل واحد منا في قلبه حكاية

حكي وانسى بلي احنا كبار
في بالك رانا صغار
حكي لنا على الجنة حكي لنا على النار
على طير عمره ما طار
فهمنا معانى الدنيا

يا راوي حكي كما حكوا لك
ما تزيد ما نقص من عندك
كاين نشفوا على بالك
حكي لنسينا في هاد زمان
خلينا في كان يا ما كان
Is that Sheikh Mansour, my lord?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.