Unacceptable song

cheddar404 said:
Mdr said:
bluecitywugger said:
Let's play sitting musical statues for the full game and not move or utter a word. Don't give in football grounds need atmosphere. I agree some chants are risky but the majority aren't ........loud and proud Blues!!!!

There's an Irish rugby club, Munster, who are known for having incredibly passionate fans. Their home ground is a fortress and they travel better than anyone.
So much so that in an important match in their pool Saracens decided that the only way they could get an upper hand, knowing that the away Munster fans would out sing their own side, was to play music anytime the Munster fans started to sing. Not like it made much difference.
Saracens won the game in the end, but their fans were mortified, and complained to their own club. Can you imagine being that passionate, that loud that clubs resorted to that. I'd rather that any day over pointless offensive chanting.

And I would rather silence over some of the stuff that comes out at a game. And silence can be unnerving. One other thing these Munster rugby fans do is silence. They go silent when the opposition has a penalty as a sign of respect, but it's unnerving. Can you imagine taking a penalty kick in a ground that is dead quiet, not a sound. Just like around the 1.33 minute here. Respect and passion. Second to none.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX_-OSK-yMA[/youtube]

There's a difference between being "loud and proud" and just stupid..
People get taken over by this mob like thinking, singing things they'd never do in real life, you wouldn't walk into your office at work in the morning and say some of the things you've said and heard at a football match.
I think if you are happy to walk around in your regular 9-5, family time etc, and say these things that are sung in the chants, than that's just fine.
If it's not something you'd repeat at your workplace etc than there's something wrong with what's being said.
It's not a matter of being overly sensitive etc. It's just common sense. In my opinion. If you can't happily say these things in your real life then you have no business singing them at match.

We go to football to leave all that 9-5 bullshit, health and safety bollocks and political correctness shite for a few hours

The Haka is ace. Nothing can beat it, other than Baotelli's stare.

squirtyflower said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
alblue said:
Can somebody please post a list of the Bluemoon acceptable songs and a list for the banned songs, I want to make sure im outraged at the correct ones.
basically anything that isn't 100% factually correct, contains a swear word or has negative connotations towards an opposing team or player is out of bounds.
What do we have left then?

you're right - on second thoughts perhaps Mdr's suggestion of sitting in silence isn't such a bad idea after all

squirtyflower said:
basically anything that isn't 100% factually correct, contains a swear word or has negative connotations towards an opposing team or player is out of bounds.

you're right - on second thoughts perhaps Mdr's suggestion of sitting in silence isn't such a bad idea after all
Can we clap?

squirtyflower said:
squirtyflower said:

Can we clap?

Yes but not too loudly or aggressively unless you're applauding the opposition, which is acceptable provided you have the necessary signed forms.

can I just take this opportunity of apologising for decades of references to shovelling shit shit shit shit on the Isle of Capri

At some point, the authorities will step in due to some of the songs that are sung; can see it coming a mile off. I genuinely think there will come a time where polite applause and shouting the names of the team and the players you support as being the only acceptable form of noise at the game.

Watch any American sport and you will here thousands going nuts in support of their team, but you never hear, for example, thousands of New York Giants fans sing to Philadelphia Eagles "Michael Vick is a fucking dick" or "Vick sucks his pit bull, Michael Vick sucks hit pit bull…" etc and I think that is where we are heading.

I guess it ties in with the Americanisation thread?

alblue said:
Can somebody please post a list of the Bluemoon acceptable songs and a list for the banned songs, I want to make sure im outraged at the correct ones.

CITY CITY RA RA RA.

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
alblue said:

CITY CITY RA RA RA.

As a prominent member of NSPPR (National Society for the Prevention of Piss-taking on Ra) I am appalled at this post.

REPORTED!

The sooner we have a legitimate singing section with a fully verified song book the better. Non of this make something up yourself and get it going

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.