Unacceptable song

fathellensbellend said:
crass and humourless.

the flip side, last night a spin on "we'll fight till the end" We're Man City, we'll fight till half ten. Spontaneous, inoffensive and witty.

So it's ok to encourage and boast about fighting?

Only joking!

liamctid said:
It's an absolute shocker of a song, which I can honestly say I've never joined in with.

Minus the "City is our name" for a bit after half time there were some awful songs sung.

As two people have previously said, a group sung the Mancini song. I loved Roberto as much as the next man, but for fuck sake, it's completely disrespectful and a disgrace to sing it at the moment. Currently, that's sandwiched between people applauding Stephen Ireland (and then singing Ireland is superman) and Joe Hart vs Chelsea as the worst moments of the season.

I'm not one for the Balotelli song yet either - great song, but can't exactly do the strikers playing much help if we're singing about a striker that's not even been gone a year.

Kompany song - great as it is, why sing it when he's not playing?

Agree with all this.......support your team not sing about made up accusations

andyblai1964 said:
I go to the match to enjoy myself and I am not going to stop just in case someone gets upset. Football is my release from the everyday constraints of modern life where you are frightened to do or say anything for fear of upsetting someone. Within the confines of the ground, pub or the minibus I don't really care if my actions or words upset you - get over yourself and get on with it OR stay at home.
So my choice is get over myself or stay at home?

I don't want to get over myself or stay at home: I'm an egoist who doesn't suffer from agoraphobia. This confuses me, especially as your "OR" is in capitals.

hark now hear the City sing
the nice rag chaps run away if asked politely
and we will will shout noisily quite alot
because we're all pals really eh

HARK NOW HEAR THE CITY SING (sorry if its too loud just say so and we'll turn it down a bit)

All those people who aren't really taking the subject seriously should take time to consider the effects of such songs on people in the ground, most of whom you have no idea of their background and circumstances and what they have been through. Songs like this affect them.

For example, there's a brave admission on the previous page, where the bloke admits that his life is so shit that the only way he can escape from his drab existence is to shout that someone he doesn't know is a paedophile. That's a brave thing to admit in public. That your life is so shit. Who are you to tell this bloke that for one fleeting moment, he cannot escape the misery that is six and a half days of his week?

Think of unfortunates like this before you make this decision on this subject. Do you want the whole seven days of his week, every week, to be crap? Cos that's what it'll be if he isn't singing this. You've heard his first hand testimony. Think on, thought police!

jma said:
All those people who aren't really taking the subject seriously should take time to consider the effects of such songs on people in the ground, most of whom you have no idea of their background and circumstances and what they have been through. Songs like this affect them.

For example, there's a brave admission on the previous page, where the bloke admits that his life is so shit that the only way he can escape from his drab existence is to shout that someone he doesn't know is a paedophile. That's a brave thing to admit in public. That your life is so shit. Who are you to tell this bloke that for one fleeting moment, he cannot escape the misery that is six and a half days of his week?

Think of unfortunates like this before you make this decision on this subject. Do you want the whole seven days of his week, every week, to be crap? Cos that's what it'll be if he isn't singing this. You've heard his first hand testimony. Think on, thought police!

Funniest post so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.