Unacceptable song

East Manchester said:
Guess that would be funny at Wimbledon for instance
The centre court singing ,led by sir cliff!

With a cheeky smile,
Nadals a f******g Peodophile.

Peodophile ? Oh, I say.

East Manchester said:
In summary don't moan if it happens to you ,if you're prepared to accept similar.

Wish you'd stop pontificating all over the forum. Fuck me, he's close to a 100 posts. Should be fun.

jma said:
mancityvstoke said:
Eccles Blue said:
The point is we are NOT in the 70s any more, these days we know that racism, homophobia etc are not acceptable. I find that song offensive and tasteless but accept that there are some people around who find it amusing for some inexplicable reason. Probably the same people who feel that singing about the deaths of talented footballers, plus one of our own, Frank Swift, is amusing.

I suppose non of you sang the song about Stevie Coppell in the 90's onwards then.

Over reaction to football chanting which is NOT serious.

-- Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:31 pm --

jma said:
I always love the "I've got massive bollocks, therefore you can't offend me, cos I've got massive bollocks" undercurrent to threads like this when there is a stream of posters lining up to show their credentials as unshockable and unable to be offended.

But I've got a sneaking suspicion (based on no research whatsoever) that those who revel in songs like this and claim to be from the "why do people get offended" camp are actually, outside of football, often the sort of people who are most likely to be in the "what are you saying about me?", screaming blue murder, easily taking umbrage if they feel even the smallest slight has been made against them camp. A bit Jeremy Kyle like.

I'd also take a bet that those who love this little song are often the sort who are most vocal about their "hate" for "paedos" and, if not banging on police vans outside court types, then certainly quite vocal about how seriously they take the issue and any mention of it outside of football. After all, it is the obsession number one of certain parts of society these days.

Double standards abound, I bet.

In a court that would be blasted as supposition.

Definitely. But I bet you definitely recognise what I'm talking about. Even if you might not wish to admit it.

more stupid supposition.....and no.

crass and humourless.

the flip side, last night a spin on "we'll fight till the end" We're Man City, we'll fight till half ten. Spontaneous, inoffensive and witty.

mancityvstoke said:
jma said:
mancityvstoke said:
I suppose non of you sang the song about Stevie Coppell in the 90's onwards then.

Over reaction to football chanting which is NOT serious.

-- Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:31 pm --

In a court that would be blasted as supposition.

Definitely. But I bet you definitely recognise what I'm talking about. Even if you might not wish to admit it.

So you don't see the contrast between the widely held and common place "burn the paedos" rhetoric prevalent in certain sections of society and the "calling someone a paedo is a bit of a laugh and a joke, it's not offensive" views on offer here? And you think the membership of the two camps are likely to be mutually exclusive?

Yeah, alright.

GaudinoMotors said:
malg said:
Skashion said:
To the tune: Cum on Feel the Noize

Fergie touches boys,
So does David Moyes,
They're paedophiles,
They're paedophiles.
Can't really see why people are upset at that, but we live in a day and age where 'offence' is taken at anything and everything.

If you don't find unfounded accusations of paedophilia offensive then what do you find offensive?

David Moyes' face

jma said:
mancityvstoke said:
jma said:

So you don't see the contrast between the widely held and common place "burn the paedos" rhetoric prevalent in certain sections of society and the "calling someone a paedo is a bit of a laugh and a joke, it's not offensive" views on offer here? And you think the membership of the two camps are likely to be mutually exclusive?

Yeah, alright.

look mate I just don't take football chanting to heart unlike some.

That's it really.

I'm from a different mindset to you.

It doesn't mean I believe that anyone can call someone a paedo falsely which, of course, could end up in court.

I also don't think singing munich songs is ok.

I hate the Jeremy Kyle show and wouldn't be a guest on it. (Not that I'd be asked anyway.)

Get my drift?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.