Unacceptable song

mancityvstoke said:
jma said:
mancityvstoke said:
I suppose non of you sang the song about Stevie Coppell in the 90's onwards then.

Over reaction to football chanting which is NOT serious.

-- Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:31 pm --

In a court that would be blasted as supposition.

Definitely. But I bet you definitely recognise what I'm talking about. Even if you might not wish to admit it.

more stupid supposition.....and no.

Quite the opposite even. What an odd conclusion to draw.

Not offended I just think it's a shit song really. I think people are trying to get back at the snide, cuntish rag songs over the years, but it just makes us look like dicks

Ric said:
jay_mcfc said:
It's offensive just for being a shit song.

Pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

Yeah, me too. To be honest, I was stood there last night, looking across the Newcastle landscape, over the Tyne Bridge and across to Gateshead from our lofty position, thinking there's quite a lot of shit songs sang nowadays!

Somebody mentioned that I'm not gauging for others opinions because I expressed my own in the OP, well sorry, I'm entitled to my point of view but it doesn't mean I don't respect anyone else's or don't want to hear it.

My view doesn't come because I'm offended by the song, I've nothing to be offended by, it's not directed at me. My concern is this. In an era, where even if it's in humour, the authorities are cracking down on libellous and offensive comments by people on twitter and fans at the game, you can't just put wrongful accusations down to humour and get on with it.

In the current climate with so much press around this issue I do find it unacceptable that a section of our fans are, whether in jest or not, accusing these people of such an accusation without any evidence, something that in the street or anywhere else you wouldn't get away it. Not only that but with the heightened tension and awareness of this subject it takes one press journalist wanting a story to hear that song at the game or on tv and write, and once they write it'll be "City fans accuse Fergie of x" and we will also look awful, we will all be tarnished with it and it is completely unacceptable and unfair. It also takes one club to hear it, look at their CCTV and we have a section of our fans in court and banned, because nowadays the terraces are not an escape from the real world and you can't get away with these sorts of comments.

The lyrics are unjustified, and nobody singing them has shown any evidence to back them up and if somebody made that comment in a thread, or in the street, or on twitter, they would be pulled up on it. From many of the reactions on this thread other City fans do not want to be associated or tarnished with the unfactual claims of others, and at least I see it wrong than City fans are going round singing this when they know what the consequences will be.

There are dozens of songs that don't even in jest insinuate this about anybody or contain the word Munichs that we can sing, and for those complaining that some people sat, some want to. I join in with the singing at the start and during times when we're playing well and there's a good atmosphere with people joining in the same song. It doesn't help the atmosphere when two seperate sets of City fans are singing two different songs at the same time, which do you join in with? The club should look at splitting away allocations so that the top half of the stand is filled by permanent standers and singers, who can stand in the same area and sing, and this can filter to everyone else, rather than like at the Etihad where we have 2 seperate groups who sing different songs at the same time mildly loudly so it's no wonder you don't hear the lyrics to songs like this properly at home, and eventually when they manage to sing the same song they end up singing different parts of it at the same time.

I think it should not be sung and I think the people who do are going to get into trouble in this day and age and will give the rest of us a very bad name.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Somebody mentioned that I'm not gauging for others opinions because I expressed my own in the OP, well sorry, I'm entitled to my point of view but it doesn't mean I don't respect anyone else's or don't want to hear it.

My view doesn't come because I'm offended by the song, I've nothing to be offended by, it's not directed at me. My concern is this. In an era, where even if it's in humour, the authorities are cracking down on libellous and offensive comments by people on twitter and fans at the game, you can't just put wrongful accusations down to humour and get on with it.

In the current climate with so much press around this issue I do find it unacceptable that a section of our fans are, whether in jest or not, accusing these people of such an accusation without any evidence, something that in the street or anywhere else you wouldn't get away it. Not only that but with the heightened tension and awareness of this subject it takes one press journalist wanting a story to hear that song at the game or on tv and write, and once they write it'll be "City fans accuse Fergie of x" and we will also look awful, we will all be tarnished with it and it is completely unacceptable and unfair. It also takes one club to hear it, look at their CCTV and we have a section of our fans in court and banned, because nowadays the terraces are not an escape from the real world and you can't get away with these sorts of comments.

The lyrics are unjustified, and nobody singing them has shown any evidence to back them up and if somebody made that comment in a thread, or in the street, or on twitter, they would be pulled up on it. From many of the reactions on this thread other City fans do not want to be associated or tarnished with the unfactual claims of others, and at least I see it wrong than City fans are going round singing this when they know what the consequences will be.

There are dozens of songs that don't even in jest insinuate this about anybody or contain the word Munichs that we can sing, and for those complaining that some people sat, some want to. I join in with the singing at the start and during times when we're playing well and there's a good atmosphere with people joining in the same song. It doesn't help the atmosphere when two seperate sets of City fans are singing two different songs at the same time, which do you join in with? The club should look at splitting away allocations so that the top half of the stand is filled by permanent standers and singers, who can stand in the same area and sing, and this can filter to everyone else, rather than like at the Etihad where we have 2 seperate groups who sing different songs at the same time mildly loudly so it's no wonder you don't hear the lyrics to songs like this properly at home, and eventually when they manage to sing the same song they end up singing different parts of it at the same time.

I think it should not be sung and I think the people who do are going to get into trouble in this day and age and will give the rest of us a very bad name.

What about Uwe Rosler's Granddad bombing Old Trafford or Ryan Giggs being illegitimate? These are unfounded accusations too. While we're at it, we're not actually fans of the invisible man either although I suspect that he would not take offence anyway.

cheddar404 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

What about Uwe Rosler's Granddad bombing Old Trafford or Ryan Giggs being illegitimate? These are unfounded accusations too. While we're at it, we're not actually fans of the invisible man either although I suspect that he would not take offence anyway.

exactly...meaningless football terrace chants.

Someone with pink on in the away section anyone?

we often win at home and we sometimes win away
we won/drew/lost last week (delete as appropriate) and we may draw/win/lose today
some of us don't give a damn (bit risque) because we have imbibed alcohol
however some of us are miserable now
mcfc ok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.