Unambitious, Magnanimous, Docile, Lemming-Like Fans

ManCityFC said:
That's the biggest crock of crap I have ever heard in my life. You're trying to tell me that we don't play the long ball. What a load of shite mate, sorry but it is. Go to a game once in a while, and watch it. It all starts off in the correct vein, then it always ends up being a hoofing contest when they can't walk it into the net.

I agree that changing managers is fruitless, but sorry, if we were sticking with Sven, fine, he got the best out of the players we have and his managerial record is without question. What he didn't do is play silly-arse by playing players all over the fucking place, except where they should be played. he didn't bring Hamman on when we were 2-0 down and he didn't have to buy his way out of trouble, by replacing the bulk of the team, because they don't like. MH came to this club in the knowledge that we wouldn't have any money, and if the Arabs hadn't of stepped in, we would now be fucked and having to pay him off. Also, the mid to late end of last season was pretty poor, but I doubt it was helped by a 2 week break after doing the double over the rags, as that seemed to push a few of the players into a 4 month lap of fucking honour. Also, the manager knowing he was going to get the fucking bullet, even though he had done exactly what had been asked of him won't have helped, along with the unrest caused by our Chairman's revelation that he was skint and may be doing Thai porridge.

Also, read the whole fucking thread before you spout this shite mate, because this has all been covered. And for the record, I couldn't give a flying fuck what the Sky pundit panel think about our chances of being relegated, because I recall people saying, "City are too big a club to go down" before....and what happened, we did it fucking twice!? Oh, and I have never bought the Sun in my life that I can remember. Credit me with a little more intelligence, I am not a rag who likes to read about how good we are, am I?

Grow up you mard arse...no amount of ranting and raving is going to change the manager is it?

If Hughes is such a shit manager, then you can only presume that our owners, their advisors, and our chief executive between them will suss it out and sack him in a few days...unless of course you think that being an internet armchair manager who has zero experience of actually running a premiership football club makes you a little more insightful than them...in which case, get yourself down to COMS, and demand to be given the managers job...

(For the record, I have no problem with people wanting Hughes out, to an extent, his performances have warranted those attacks...but at least try and formulate an argument which goes beyond the turgid shit you've posted above...)

bowdonblue said:
I think it's bad Karma to have vicious excahnges between true Blues, so everyone calm down. It wouldn't be like this if we were all sat facing each other in the pub.

Having said that ManCityFC, you have based your strong view on certain things, some of which are wrong. Firstly, MH has really only bought one player (Bridge) who is yet to play a game, and the player that he presumably sanctioned (Robinho) has been great. Secondly, our performances in the second half of last season were much worse than the first half of this season IMO. Do you accpet these points?

For what it's worth, I'm not saying Hughes is the man, but I do think that we need to give him a season before we judge him. I don't think we'll go down, but whilst it remains a possibility I think bringing in a new manager at this stage would be a big gamble and coud backfire spectacularly.

You are of course fully entitled to your opinion, BUT don't forget that others are too - so starting a thread that despairs of people who don't agree with you was always going to stir up some strong responses. Which it appears you knew to be fair.

I have just covered some of your points in the last posted reply, but to be fair, I was nursing a huge hangover yesterday and the title of the thread and some of the content is far too strong. I apologise for that, most of our fans are salt of the earth, and as you say, I was always going to stir up strong responses, and most of the slagging off, I deserve and accept. But there are some people who are completely blinkered. Like the chap whom I responded to last that feels that me accusing the MH of playing long-ball is bollocks taken from the Sun. That's utter shite, sorry, but it is, and so is the majority of the football we play.

However, as I said in another thread this morning, for me the next 2 or 3 games are crucially important. If we fail to get anything from them, then panic is going to ensue very quickly, and rightly so. If by the end of January we continue to put out performances like the woeful and disgraceful Forest performance, then I wouldn't even want to guess where we could end up.

However, I am looking at positives today and Bridge is a decent signing for me. I am fed up of moaning about this manager when there is clearly nothing going to be done about it. So I admit defeat and am going to make a concerted effort to be 'glass half full' from now on. We have another week now to do something about the dreadfully leaky defence, and try and get some balance into our midfield.

I think Hughes ought to start listening to his critics a bit also though. He needs to stop over-thinking the sides he is putting out and go back to basics for me. Let's get players in positions that they are strong in and keep the ball on the ground for a while.

ManCityFC said:
I have just covered some of your points in the last posted reply, but to be fair, I was nursing a huge hangover yesterday and the title of the thread and some of the content is far too strong. I apologise for that, most of our fans are salt of the earth, and as you say, I was always going to stir up strong responses, and most of the slagging off, I deserve and accept. But there are some people who are completely blinkered. Like the chap whom I responded to last that feels that me accusing the MH of playing long-ball is bollocks taken from the Sun. That's utter shite, sorry, but it is, and so is the majority of the football we play.

However, as I said in another thread this morning, for me the next 2 or 3 games are crucially important. If we fail to get anything from them, then panic is going to ensue very quickly, and rightly so. If by the end of January we continue to put out performances like the woeful and disgraceful Forest performance, then I wouldn't even want to guess where we could end up.

However, I am looking at positives today and Bridge is a decent signing for me. I am fed up of moaning about this manager when there is clearly nothing going to be done about it. So I admit defeat and am going to make a concerted effort to be 'glass half full' from now on. We have another week now to do something about the dreadfully leaky defence, and try and get some balance into our midfield.

I think Hughes ought to start listening to his critics a bit also though. He needs to stop over-thinking the sides he is putting out and go back to basics for me. Let's get players in positions that they are strong in and keep the ball on the ground for a while.

Hats off for that....and apologize for my previous sarcastic post....we are all blues and we all want what's best for the club...but right now we have the manager we have...and the owners, believe he is the right man to take us forward...whether we trust Hughes or not, we should trust them to do the right thing...

ManCityFC said:
salfordtrueblue said:
I thought that was shite,if you look at the second half of last season that slide has continued.This fella doesnt know football if he is accusing us of playing long ball stuff,wasnt he around when Quinny was here?and if he was then he should know the managerial revolving door doesnt work,even with money.He mentions going down,well no one respectable pundit in the game would think we are going down, yet here we have a supposedly supporter bleating on about it,i suspect he's hardly ever watched us because relegation and long ball are a million miles away from the performances i see. Get back to reading the Sun headlines you muppet !

That's the biggest crock of crap I have ever heard in my life. You're trying to tell me that we don't play the long ball. What a load of shite mate, sorry but it is. Go to a game once in a while, and watch it. It all starts off in the correct vein, then it always ends up being a hoofing contest when they can't walk it into the net.

I agree that changing managers is fruitless, but sorry, if we were sticking with Sven, fine, he got the best out of the players we have and his managerial record is without question. What he didn't do is play silly-arse by playing players all over the fucking place, except where they should be played. he didn't bring Hamman on when we were 2-0 down and he didn't have to buy his way out of trouble, by replacing the bulk of the team, because they don't like. MH came to this club in the knowledge that we wouldn't have any money, and if the Arabs hadn't of stepped in, we would now be fucked and having to pay him off. Also, the mid to late end of last season was pretty poor, but I doubt it was helped by a 2 week break after doing the double over the rags, as that seemed to push a few of the players into a 4 month lap of fucking honour. Also, the manager knowing he was going to get the fucking bullet, even though he had done exactly what had been asked of him won't have helped, along with the unrest caused by our Chairman's revelation that he was skint and may be doing Thai porridge.

Also, read the whole fucking thread before you spout this shite mate, because this has all been covered. And for the record, I couldn't give a flying fuck what the Sky pundit panel think about our chances of being relegated, because I recall people saying, "City are too big a club to go down" before....and what happened, we did it fucking twice!? Oh, and I have never bought the Sun in my life that I can remember. Credit me with a little more intelligence, I am not a rag who likes to read about how good we are, am I?

Like you say, this has all been covered. But I'm all in favour of responding to ignorance ( not a long ball game FFS??) with necessary strength and repitition when needed.
Good post. Nicely put ;-)

ManCityFC said:
I am going to get pelter's here, but I think this needs saying.

The attitude of some of the fans on this site (and in Manchester) beggars belief. Despite the fact that MH has spent circa £75 million on players this season, to strengthen a side that finished top 10 last season, and we continue to move backwards, you would think people would be a little bit worried. But no, this is City. People simply refuse to even entertain the possibility that this shite manager, that has achieved fuck all, could take us down. Some on here think he could shit golden turds, I am convinced of it.

It seems that no matter how close to the relegation zone we get, no matter how depressing the long-ball football gets, no matter how many cup competitions we get dumped out of by piss poor opposition, the lemming-like response just continues to get more and more prevalent, as the pathetic amongst us, clutch hold of the belief that money will certainly avert relegation, and we may be in danger of sacking the next baconface. It's frankly sad as fuck.

We need stability I keep hearing, what kind of stability? The kind of stability you get in The Championship? How can we have stability from a manager that fiddles with a team more than Ranieri was ever accused of, and cannot put players in the correct positions. Is it any wonder that the players who's career he is ruining, have lost all respect for him?

Getting rid of the manager won't help I keep hearing, as we watch the teams that had the good sense to sack and replace their managers before Christmas steal a march on us.

Just give him until the end of the season, he will turn it around - I keep hearing, but what happens if you are wrong? Are you going to come on here and hold your hands up or run away and hide. The latter I expect. And why should he be allowed to buy his way into job longevity? It wouldn't happen anywhere else and he came here thinking he had little to spend. Where would we be now without the Arabs money?? Probably stuck with a manager that was taking us down, with no money to sack him and pay him off.

The team was shite before he joined us I keep hearing, but nobody can escape the fact that we finished top 10 last season and prattle on about a drubbing my the best team in the league and one against Boro, when the then manager had been told he was getting the flick, after doing everything he had been asked to do.

I am sick and tired of the Unambitious, Magnanimous, Docile, Lemming-Like Fans that support this great club with me. I am convinced that some of them just enjoy the pain we have endured over the last 30 years and are punch drunk by it. The one good thing that could come of all this cash is hiring a world class manager. Any plans to hire world class players went out of the window when we plummeted down the table in my opinion, but we could easily tempt a world class manager with a big salary and blank chequebook.

Here's to another season of mediocrity and a relegation battle at the end, just to get the adrenalin running, for the wrong reasons.

CTID.

Far from being docile and enjoying the pain that we have endured over the last 30 years I want exactly what you do – success - but I believe that success can only come to this club by changing the formula we have tried for 30 odd years of sacking managers.

All those who are against Hughes say that he has taken us backwards - but surely you can only say that if you are using the same measures otherwise the comparison is unfair.

If you are saying he has taken us back since the Sven reign then Sven had a whole season on which to be measured in terms of our progress, surely Hughes deserves the same in order for you to make a fair comparison of progress or not ?

The fact that we had easier home fixtures in the first half of the season last year and that this season we have played all the top four at home means that we have four easier home fixtures in the second half of the season - potentially worth an additional 12 points.

On the issue of Hughes record he has managed a national side that was recognised as a successful reign hence why Blackburn chose to appoint him - Anyone with a modicum of sense knows that even a Mourinho would struggle to get Wales beyond even a qualifying group.

For a side of the size and wealth of Blackburn you have to say he had success, inheriting a relegation threatened side and - taking them to the top six and two semi-finals. Anyone who watched the Blackburn v Chelsea semi final the game went to extra time and Blackburn were hugely unlucky to lose - that record would stand up to any other manager of a team of a similar size.

You can learn a lot from history:

David Moyes joined from Preston and at one point Everton finished 17th in the Premier league – no doubt flirting with relegation all season – on your measures he would have been gone before the season was out.

Fergie Joined from Aberdeen – Yes he had success there – but he inherited a side that finished 4th under Ron Atkinson and then in Fergusons first season in charge they finished 11th – you would have had him sacked – no doubt stating that managing Aberdeen is different from managing a big club like Man United

Martin O’Neill started his career at Wycombe – yes Wycombe - then made his name at Leicester – Hughes record at Blackburn more than stands up to O’Neills at Leicester who in their time I would argue were premier league clubs of equal stature. Does the fact that O’Neill didn’t win anything at Leicester make him a bad manager and not worthy of a top job ? Of course not, you have to remember he was managing Leicester.

Like many City fans over the years you are reverting to type associating a big name with being successful. I have lost count of the number of big name managers we have had which have resulted in precisely no success and probably the best we have had was Brian Horton who was pilloried when he joined from Oxford.

I would rather have a young British manager that has demonstrated clear management capability than an over the hill world class manager who has won things but never managed in the premiership – that is just as much as a risk if not more so.

Ferguson stated in the press only this week that the one advantage he sees at Un*ted over Chelsea is that he is able to plan over 3-4 years and continue a dynasty – no doubt the new manager will do likewise.

I have seen enough this season in some of the performances to see that when we have a full squad we can play some great football and on our day can match the best.

I believe on his track record that Hughes has the credentials necessary and with money can bring success to this club I don’t believe that this can be achieved in six months !

O'Neill can walk the walk, Hughes can talk the talk. Look where Aston Villa are, look at O'Neills record. MH excuses stop at the end of this transfer window, lets see how many points we get from our remaining league games.

Cant we just shot him for treason,the supporters job is to support the team.This fella thinks its his job to do the hiring and firing,Hughes will be assessed by the chairman and up till then we should get behind him.Try puttin the same amount of effort into SUPPORTING as you do with the op. I,m bored with this now

Blue Mooner said:
ManCityFC said:
I am going to get pelter's here, but I think this needs saying.

The attitude of some of the fans on this site (and in Manchester) beggars belief. Despite the fact that MH has spent circa £75 million on players this season, to strengthen a side that finished top 10 last season, and we continue to move backwards, you would think people would be a little bit worried. But no, this is City. People simply refuse to even entertain the possibility that this shite manager, that has achieved fuck all, could take us down. Some on here think he could shit golden turds, I am convinced of it.

It seems that no matter how close to the relegation zone we get, no matter how depressing the long-ball football gets, no matter how many cup competitions we get dumped out of by piss poor opposition, the lemming-like response just continues to get more and more prevalent, as the pathetic amongst us, clutch hold of the belief that money will certainly avert relegation, and we may be in danger of sacking the next baconface. It's frankly sad as fuck.

We need stability I keep hearing, what kind of stability? The kind of stability you get in The Championship? How can we have stability from a manager that fiddles with a team more than Ranieri was ever accused of, and cannot put players in the correct positions. Is it any wonder that the players who's career he is ruining, have lost all respect for him?

Getting rid of the manager won't help I keep hearing, as we watch the teams that had the good sense to sack and replace their managers before Christmas steal a march on us.

Just give him until the end of the season, he will turn it around - I keep hearing, but what happens if you are wrong? Are you going to come on here and hold your hands up or run away and hide. The latter I expect. And why should he be allowed to buy his way into job longevity? It wouldn't happen anywhere else and he came here thinking he had little to spend. Where would we be now without the Arabs money?? Probably stuck with a manager that was taking us down, with no money to sack him and pay him off.

The team was shite before he joined us I keep hearing, but nobody can escape the fact that we finished top 10 last season and prattle on about a drubbing my the best team in the league and one against Boro, when the then manager had been told he was getting the flick, after doing everything he had been asked to do.

I am sick and tired of the Unambitious, Magnanimous, Docile, Lemming-Like Fans that support this great club with me. I am convinced that some of them just enjoy the pain we have endured over the last 30 years and are punch drunk by it. The one good thing that could come of all this cash is hiring a world class manager. Any plans to hire world class players went out of the window when we plummeted down the table in my opinion, but we could easily tempt a world class manager with a big salary and blank chequebook.

Here's to another season of mediocrity and a relegation battle at the end, just to get the adrenalin running, for the wrong reasons.

CTID.

Far from being docile and enjoying the pain that we have endured over the last 30 years I want exactly what you do – success - but I believe that success can only come to this club by changing the formula we have tried for 30 odd years of sacking managers.

All those who are against Hughes say that he has taken us backwards - but surely you can only say that if you are using the same measures otherwise the comparison is unfair.

If you are saying he has taken us back since the Sven reign then Sven had a whole season on which to be measured in terms of our progress, surely Hughes deserves the same in order for you to make a fair comparison of progress or not ?

The fact that we had easier home fixtures in the first half of the season last year and that this season we have played all the top four at home means that we have four easier home fixtures in the second half of the season - potentially worth an additional 12 points.

On the issue of Hughes record he has managed a national side that was recognised as a successful reign hence why Blackburn chose to appoint him - Anyone with a modicum of sense knows that even a Mourinho would struggle to get Wales beyond even a qualifying group.

For a side of the size and wealth of Blackburn you have to say he had success, inheriting a relegation threatened side and - taking them to the top six and two semi-finals. Anyone who watched the Blackburn v Chelsea semi final the game went to extra time and Blackburn were hugely unlucky to lose - that record would stand up to any other manager of a team of a similar size.

David Moyes joined from Preston and at one point Everton finished 17th in the Premier league – no doubt flirting with relegation all season – on your measures he would have been gone before the season was out.

Fergie Joined from Aberdeen – Yes he had success there – but he inherited a side that finished 4th under Ron Atkinson and then in Fergusons first season in charge they finished 11th – you would have had him sacked – no doubt stating that managing Aberdeen is different from managing a big club like Man United

Martin O’Neill started his career at Wycombe – yes Wycombe - then made his name at Leicester – Hughes record at Blackburn more than stands up to O’Neills at Leicester who in their time I would argue were premier league clubs of equal stature. Does the fact that O’Neill didn’t win anything at Leicester make him a bad manager and not worthy of a top job ? Of course not, you have to remember he was managing Leicester.

Like many City fans over the years you are reverting to type associating a big name with being successful. I have lost count of the number of big name managers we have had which have resulted in precisely no success and probably the best we have had was Brian Horton who was pilloried when he joined from Oxford.

I would rather have a young British manager that has demonstrated clear management capability than an over the hill world class manager who has won things but never managed in the premiership – that is just as much as a risk if not more so.

Ferguson stated in the press only this week that the one advantage he sees at Un*ted over Chelsea is that he is able to plan over 3-4 years and continue a dynasty – no doubt the new manager will do likewise.

I have seen enough this season in some of the performances to see that when we have a full squad we can play some great football and on our day can match the best.

I believe on his track record that Hughes has the credentials necessary and with money can bring success to this club I don’t believe that this can be achieved in six months !

OMG How can a supposed City fan make so many factual errors in just one post!!!

I'd swear this was a wind-up such is your dodgy memory mate!

If I can just reply to a few of the more pertinent ones...

So what you're saying is that we've got a far harder second half to the season coming up... fuck! Now we are in trouble! If this first half of the season was "easier" and we're but 2 points off the drop, doesn't that worry you in the slightest that, in your opinion, the second half will be even more difficult?

Northern Ireland beat Spain. Scotland beat France. Are you suggesting Walter Smith or whoever is in charge of Northern Ireland (and I don't even know who it is!) would be okay for us?

Yeah, and I remember Chesterfield losing unluckily in a semi-final as well. And didn't Dave Jones at Cardiff actually get to the FA Cup Final? Are they better managers than Hughes?

The reality is that Everton are skint. They couldn't afford to whizz him. But, you're right, he's done an excellent job keeping Everton challenging the top 6. Never won a thing, mind you. So not even as successful as Harry Redknapp in that case.

The Rags also finished runners up the following season, his first FULL season in charge. But just look at Ferguson's record before the Rags appointed him, it was one of the best in Europe. That's why they showed faith in him.

No need to answer this one really. A previous poster highlighted the NUMEROUS trophies O'Neill's won... that seemed to have passed you by!

The best manager we had was Brian Horton? Are you serious? We narrowly avoided relegation, lost 5-0 at the swamp, his only claim to fame was that he never got relegated. Never got another top job after leaving City, so it wasn't just us that thought he was limited.

Interesting that you don't want a foreign manager in... and that lack of Premiership knowledge is such a hindrance. So how come Ferguson, Ranieri, Mourinho, Scolari, Benitez and Wenger... NONE of them had Premiership experience when they were appointed! In fact, NO top 4 side has appointed a manager from within the Premiership, to date!

I believe on his track record that Hughes has the credentials necessary and with money can bring success to this club I don’t believe that this can be achieved in six months ![/quote]

One simple question... what track record? No experience of top class signings, no record of dealing with world class players, no record of building a team that is both entertaining and successful...

RobbieBrewer said:

Sorry mate but that's totally incorrect.
O'Neil took Leicester to three league cup finals and won two of them.He also won three league titles,three Scottish cups and a league cup in five seasons at Celtic,as well as taking them to the UEFA cup final with a team of average players+Henrik Larrsson.....
They think the guy is a God up there.

I would take him over Hughes in a heartbeat.

Ok fair do's Robbie should have checked my facts on the O'Neill example - I don't think anyone can dispute O'Neills quality - the crux of my point is that I believe we have a manager of a similar ilk with Hughes getting Blackburn to three semi-finals (For the first time in 40 years) - in the FA Cup and a top six finish something O'Neill (I have checked my facts) was unable to do at Leicester.

Yes, he may be earlier in his development than O'Neill but I think he has demonstrated the credentials of required of a top flight manager over ten years and has earned his chance at a top club. I have tried to point out that showing patience could be the most rewarding thing we have ever done for the future of our club. It certainly was for the rags.

Soulboy said:
Blue Mooner said:

OMG How can a supposed City fan make so many factual errors in just one post!!!

I'd swear this was a wind-up such is your dodgy memory mate!

If I can just reply to a few of the more pertinent ones...

So what you're saying is that we've got a far harder second half to the season coming up... fuck! Now we are in trouble! If this first half of the season was "easier" and we're but 2 points off the drop, doesn't that worry you in the slightest that, in your opinion, the second half will be even more difficult?

Northern Ireland beat Spain. Scotland beat France. Are you suggesting Walter Smith or whoever is in charge of Northern Ireland (and I don't even know who it is!) would be okay for us?

Yeah, and I remember Chesterfield losing unluckily in a semi-final as well. And didn't Dave Jones at Cardiff actually get to the FA Cup Final? Are they better managers than Hughes?

The reality is that Everton are skint. They couldn't afford to whizz him. But, you're right, he's done an excellent job keeping Everton challenging the top 6. Never won a thing, mind you. So not even as successful as Harry Redknapp in that case.

The Rags also finished runners up the following season, his first FULL season in charge. But just look at Ferguson's record before the Rags appointed him, it was one of the best in Europe. That's why they showed faith in him.

No need to answer this one really. A previous poster highlighted the NUMEROUS trophies O'Neill's won... that seemed to have passed you by!

The best manager we had was Brian Horton? Are you serious? We narrowly avoided relegation, lost 5-0 at the swamp, his only claim to fame was that he never got relegated. Never got another top job after leaving City, so it wasn't just us that thought he was limited.

Interesting that you don't want a foreign manager in... and that lack of Premiership knowledge is such a hindrance. So how come Ferguson, Ranieri, Mourinho, Scolari, Benitez and Wenger... NONE of them had Premiership experience when they were appointed! In fact, NO top 4 side has appointed a manager from within the Premiership, to date!

One simple question... what track record? No experience of top class signings, no record of dealing with world class players, no record of building a team that is both entertaining and successful...[/quote]

Soulboy thanks for dissecting my post point by point I could do the same but haven't quite got to grips with this quoting business so will take your points in the order above.

Some things that you say I got factually incorrect are actually subjective points of view, where you and I differ. You obviously have a Fergie like understanding of what constitute facts.

Second half of this season is easier as we have four 'easier' home games in the second half of the season than the first where we played all the top four at home. Assuming we are more likley to win at home than away it would suggest we are more likely to get additional points in the second half of the season. I understand how you misinterpreted this as by last year I should have been clearer and put last season.

Moyes has done excellent - he has had limited resources - you seem to think that a great manager can win things without having had the resources to back him up. I would be interested to see which clubs over recent times have had success without having spent heavily in the side. Mourinho was appointed by Porto before he had won anything.

In regard to Fergie the season after they finished 2nd they finished 11th so I guess you would have had him sacked at that point ? You can suggest that having had Fergies record at Aberdeen that you would have adopted a different stance - but most of the arguments against Hughes are that he has shown no progress in six months - neither had Fergie after 2 1/2 years. You then state Fergies track record as some kind of justification as to why you wouldn't have sacked Fergie but Hughes track record at a club like Blackburn was very very good imo.

The O'Neill point I will give you, I should know better than to trust my memory, but I would still put Hughes record at Blackburn up against O'Neills, the league cup has always been a competition for second string teams and O'Neill won one of those trophies against Tranmere ! Hughes got Blackburn to three successive semi finals and a top six finish - which incidentally O'Neill didn't achieve with Leicester.

I said Horton was 'probably the best' don't misrepresent me, and lets face it we are comparing against a very low benchmark. There was a short period under Horton where I saw us play some great stuff with Rosler, Quinn and Beagrie or perhaps I have rose tinted glasses being at an age where I was watching the Blues as a young youth going to games on the bevvies with a load of mates.

I never said I didn't want a foreign manager, don't misrepresent me. I said I would 'rather' have a British manager. Offer me Mourinho and we can have a different debate. The fact is that of the managers available I think we have one of the best. More importantly he is ambitious and has a potentially long career ahead of him - just what we need.

You obviously don't rate his track record, I do, it tells me that he can build a good side on limited resources and that suggests with bigger resources that allow him to compete that he could build a top four side and win things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.