Unambitious, Magnanimous, Docile, Lemming-Like Fans

mammutly said:
blueju said:
True, they wont have surrounded themselves with people who know what they are doing. They will just have played football manager and thought 'this is easy innit?', then proceeded to put into plan their accumulation of numerous expensive employees (in the form of pro footballers on massive wages) and bought themselves a football club. Fuckin idiots arent they?

Now I didn't say they were idiots, did I? My point is that they, the actual members of ADUG, know less about football than many people on here do. Your good self excepted of course. As you are clearly unlikely to know more about any given subject than any other form of cellular life currently known to exist.

Possibly, although i did struggle with my part 2 electrical theory. All i know about City is we are in a better position than we have ever been since i can remember with better people at the helm. We have suffered a terrible injury (Petrov) to one of our best, most influential players and more injuries to lesser players,scored more goals in less time in the prem than ever, and all some want to do on here is drag everyone else down. You are lucky enough to be able to watch em at least every other week in the flesh but for fucks sake i hope all this hatred from you lot isnt being passed to the players and club on match day. Ill have to settle for going to the beach, see you[/quote]

My heart bleeds for you. Watch out for sharks bro! ;-)[/quot

Cheers mate ,will have to remember to take that tuna steak out of my shorts befor e i take the plunge. Sweet dreams

ManCityFC said:
What he said & :

All bollocks but yes, well constructed shite. Excuses excuses. It's all I ever hear! How about he puts together a team, sticks with it for a while, with all the players in the correct positions, with the ball on the floor for more than 3 seconds and not hoofed up to the smallest midfield and forwards in the football league, and if we are losing, he could consider bringing on a forward and not a defender. It's wacky but it might just work??

But again, my apologies, because actually Hughes is doing a splendid job and it is actually just me being a "screaming drama queen" and seem to be missing the that apparently all his signings have been brilliant, we are scoring more goals and if Petrov was back, we'd be top 4. Bollocks and all!

To be fair, a good excuse is a good excuse. 'Sorry I can't come to your party on Saturday night, I'm having a hip replacement operation and I'll be in traction'. Fair enough, yunno?

As posited, I'm still on the fence. I hope he is given time, but if he gets binned I'll lose nil sleep. I perhaps lean towards the 'Hughes in' side of that fence because the over-reaction to some situations persistently riles me, as i dont think anyone else could of done radically better up to this point. Miracle workers don't grow on trees, and probably wouldn't leave good jobs to come here. I don't think the bollocks he drops with selection and (often) his substitutions would be so much of an issue if the squad was half as good as many seem to think it is.

Rijkaard, Mancini, Mourinho are all well capable of making tactical mistakes and losing a game, though. What happens when they do? Oh yeah, they get the sack.

Hughes strikes me as a sensible bloke, and I'd like to believe that the guy has some basic concept of how to assemble a football team capable of winning things. Unfortunately this will take time to achieve and will not necessarily mean every step is a step forward.

RobbieBrewer said:
It seems totally obvious to me that sooner or later MH will be succeeded by a manager with an existing proven track-record of success.It's just totally inevitable.Not if but when.

The only question is how much damage will be done to the image and "attractiveness" of the club in the short term by the polarisation of opinions about MH,his "tactics" and apparent "my way or the highway" managerial style.

I don't ever remember us as a fanbase being this devided.The thought of what may happen if he get's this window wrong is horrible.

I don't like it.

As a city fan for 40 years i have never seen anything this bad(lmao).

If he gets this window wrong lets turn the lights off and lock the stadium doors.

ManCityFC said:
foreverblue said:
Point taken.

However they are just abusing someone who attacked a large proportion, if not a majority of City fans without good reason.

I am not attacking anyone actually. It's and opinion. What I am doing is venting my frustration at the eternal optimists that support this manager, and can see no wrong in what he is doing. It fucking frustrates me and I am seriously worried about our beloved club. I feel like slapping some of the happy clappers on here with a big wet fish in the hope that they will wake up and smell the coffee. But people are entitled to their opinions and I certainly respect that. I just hope that, heaven forbid, if we were to find ourselves in even more serious shite in the coming months, that they have the courage to hold their hands up and acknowledge that this should have been nipped in the bud far quicker.

I respect people that stand by someone...I stood by him at first, but going backwards is unacceptable considering the money that has been spent.

Whenever have I said he has done nothing wrong? The fact is I have been disappointed with some of his selections and tactics, and I can guess so are other pro Hughes fans. However, there are other things he has done right, for instance having a more attacking and entertaining team. There are always teething problems when a new manager goes to a club and it takes a while for him to find out what players will buy in to his vision for the club. Those who don't will be jettisoned and then he will bring in players he believes will improve the club. Personally I believe he will turn it round and am prepared to give him a chance. The only proviso would be if performances and results did not pick up by the end of February then I would say enough is enough. So why don't we just see who he brings in and how the team perform from here on in.

RobbieBrewer said:
harry the plumber said:
As a city fan for 40 years i have never seen anything this bad(lmao).

If he gets this window wrong lets turn the lights off and lock the stadium doors.

The point I'm making is that we are in unchartered territory,with the best opportunity we've ever had to progress as a club,great(and well founded) expectations of improving on where we were last season...and we're going backwards at a rate of knots,with fans seemingly devided down the middle..IF MH gets "his" men in-RSC,Bellamy etc. and they shoot us up the table-great.If they don't,and we spiral ever downwards-it aint gonna be pretty.

MH has bought one player- Bridge .
Lb was a problem and he has solved that problem and he will be trying to solve the other problem positions
By the end of jan we will have a stronger squad. We are not in a relegation spot with what we have So whats the logic in believing we might spiral ever downwards?

foreverblue said:
Whenever have I said he has done nothing wrong? The fact is I have been disappointed with some of his selections and tactics, and I can guess so are other pro Hughes fans. However, there are other things he has done right, for instance having a more attacking and entertaining team. There are always teething problems when a new manager goes to a club and it takes a while for him to find out what players will buy in to his vision for the club. Those who don't will be jettisoned and then he will bring in players he believes will improve the club. Personally I believe he will turn it round and am prepared to give him a chance. The only proviso would be if performances and results did not pick up by the end of February then I would say enough is enough. So why don't we just see who he brings in and how the team perform from here on in.

Ive been firmly in the Hughes-out camp since the Everton game and it has f*ck-all to do with his playing history. but i have to say that since the window opened and certainly as we are now well into the 2nd week of it, then i agree with 'forever' in that we now have to give it till end of February. It is too late now to change manager and put a plan of action together to expect this window to be a succesful one under a new manger.

I still cant see any positives coming from the club to make me feel that i and the rest of the OUT camp will be proved wrong but i have to say, i would be absolutely delighted to proved wrong. And ive got a big enough gob for any amounts of humble pie!

Which point i made is a joke.

You think Balls better than Bridge?
We will have a weaker squad come the end of jan?
We will spiral downwards?

I thought that was shite,if you look at the second half of last season that slide has continued.This fella doesnt know football if he is accusing us of playing long ball stuff,wasnt he around when Quinny was here?and if he was then he should know the managerial revolving door doesnt work,even with money.He mentions going down,well no one respectable pundit in the game would think we are going down, yet here we have a supposedly supporter bleating on about it,i suspect he's hardly ever watched us because relegation and long ball are a million miles away from the performances i see. Get back to reading the Sun headlines you muppet !

In recent history, our most unstable period in the top flight was under the stewardship of Stuart Pearce, John Wardle, and Ali Mackintoss...we were drowning in debt, selling off the family silver to stop ourselves going into administration, whilst on the field Pearce was trying to bore the opposition into submission. Crowds were dropping weekly (I still don't think they've fully recovered), and we seemed destined for the scrap heap as a football club...

All the while we were being lied to about the reality of the situation these people had managed our beloved club into...

Why, you ask, am I even mentioning this...

Well, I remember bluemoon back then. It was very similar to the bluemoon of today, save from one very stark difference...the vast majority wanted to give Pearce and Wardle time, credit, blah blah blah...

I find some small irony in the fact that many of the same names, are today foaming at the mouth to remove Mark Hughes because he is "dragging us down"...

Ah well, my take on Hughes is that I'm ambivalent. I don't think his squad is great, so am not surprised by some of the poor results. I have been shocked by others. On the whole he needs time to get things right. I've said it elsewhere, but it's simple for me, you either give him another 18 months, or you sack him now. Making him a "dead man walking" will be the most destructive thing we can do for the squad, results, and the team morale...

I cant understand this were doomed bullshit from some posters.How can the richest club in the world with players like Robinho ,Wright Philips,Ireland and Kompany be doomed.

We are a big city club that can get 40k through the gates we have an academy side top of its league with 5 or 6 potential premiership players.The club now has owners who are successful businessmen with a long term plan unlike the short term attention disorder problems of people who post rubbish on here.

The current league position isnt what we want but the medium and long term future is the healthiest the club has been in all my time watching City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.