Under 12's "Truce Tournament"

I scored 7 goals in a football tournament in Belguim in 1985. Thought I was the best player on earth until I was told I was to small. It still goes on now a pal is a scout for Everton and his target is to find 6ft 4" 13 yr old lads built like brick shithouses and as fast as Usain Bolt. No mention of football ability.

City beat Blackburn on pens after a 1-1 draw in the semi and will play in the final later against Anderlect who they drew 1-1 with in the group.

Gutted for my nephew but pleased for the City kids.

Last edited:
City beat Blackburn on pens after a 1-1 draw in the semi and will play in the final later against Anderlect who they drew 1-1 with in the group.

Gutted for my nephew but pleased for the City kids.

Out of interest, what format are they playing? Is it 11 v 11 or short-sided? Also, how long are the matches?

Thanks for the updates and condolences to your nephew! I'm sure all the kids had an amazing time.

I did something similar at that age with Stockport County (when they were division 1) and went to Sweden. A fantastic experience.

Out of interest, what format are they playing? Is it 11 v 11 or short-sided? Also, how long are the matches?

Thanks for the updates and condolences to your nephew! I'm sure all the kids had an amazing time.

I did something similar at that age with Stockport County (when they were division 1) and went to Sweden. A fantastic experience.
The 2013 comp was a 9 v 9 competition with 15 minute halves but there's very little information out there.

Sadly City lost 2-1 to Anderlect in the final.

Still a great achievement coming second with tens of teams entered and having made it through the regional, then national stages and then through the groups stages in the final.

Given our investment at that level I'm not sure a draw against Blackburn and losing against a Belgian side is that impressive. From what I'm told by academy coaches 16's, 15's and 11's are seen as strongest groups at moment.

Given our investment at that level I'm not sure a draw against Blackburn and losing against a Belgian side is that impressive. From what I'm told by academy coaches 16's, 15's and 11's are seen as strongest groups at moment.

Yep totally gutted !!!! Exactly what is our investment at the under 12's level?

Just look at cost of CFA! Don't known exact figure but know in last couple of years we have paid money to lads from Everton, Liverpool, United amongst others and put all lads in private education so they are practically full time players. Am sure Blackburn won't have had the pulling power of us thats for sure! Anyway. Hardly a big deal. Chances of us producing a lad for first team is practically zero. U23s football and loans to crap sides means there's more chance of landing on the moon than playing in our first team!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.