Under 12's "Truce Tournament"

I have zero sympathy with that theory given the fact that two thirds of players at the CFA are local lads.
But we need a poster boy of a local graduate that has gone the whole way with City to prove it can be done and silence those who sneer at the Academy.
Many Blues will take more pride from the emergence of another Oakes, Booth, SWP or Doyle than that of Brahim,
That would be the Phil Foden who was on the bench against Celtic in the Champions League game at just 16 while Adarabioyo played the whole match yes? Adarabioyo was born and bred in Manchester and has been at City since he was just 5 years old btw just in case your knowledge of the youth setup is a bit sketchy.

Edit: If you want to get a feel about how depressed the local lads are about the Academy try http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...are-revolutionising-the-entire-football-acad/

'Only Chelsea bettered the eight players City delivered to England’s youth teams in their last round of international matches, evidence of a strong home-grown – and even local – ethos that often gets overlooked when referring to their academy. Nine of the 11 starters in last year’s FA Youth Cup final against Chelsea were born in Manchester.'

They must be queuing up to leave.
I'm not depressed at all about the CFA (another poster maybe was?) I just want a local lad to make it all the way to be a first team regular and national team star just to prove to the doubters that it can be done.
Until then we will always be questioned by outsiders.

But we need a poster boy of a local graduate that has gone the whole way with City to prove it can be done and silence those who sneer at the Academy.
Such as Tosin?

I'm not aware of too many sneering at the CFA. Every article about it is very complimentary and with 8 Manchester lads starting against Chelsea then I'm not too worried about them coming through.

Such as Tosin?

I'm not aware of too many sneering at the CFA. Every article about it is very complimentary and with 8 Manchester lads starting against Chelsea then I'm not too worried about them coming through.
No I'm talking about a regular starter who goes on to collect silverware and caps.
Tosin may well go on to those heights with City, maybe not.
Outside journos are split between the likes of Henry Winter who was won over to our cause after being given a good personal guided day at the Academy a few years ago and such as Shaun Custis who is a cynic.
Many City fans themselves (in my experience) will remove any cynicism when they see such as Tosin, Foden or Tommy Doyle go right to the top.

Many Blues will take more pride from the emergence of another Oakes, Booth, SWP or Doyle than that of Brahim,

I'm not depressed at all about the CFA (another poster maybe was?) I just want a local lad to make it all the way to be a first team regular and national team star just to prove to the doubters that it can be done.
Until then we will always be questioned by outsiders.
I didn't say you were depressed bud.

No I'm talking about a regular starter who goes on to collect silverware and caps.
Tosin may well go on to those heights with City, maybe not.
Outside journos are split between the likes of Henry Winter who was won over to our cause after being given a good personal guided day at the Academy a few years ago and such as Shaun Custis who is a pillock and has been anti City since the takeover in 2008..
Many City fans themselves (in my experience) will remove any cynicism when they see such as Tosin, Foden or Tommy Doyle go right to the top.
Edited for accuracy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.